• Tired

Thread: Freshsalth2o’s 400g+ build

Threaded View

FreshSaltH2o is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Annoyed

Freshsalth2o’s 400g+ build

It’s not the beginning, but here’s my restart to the dormant 200 gallon. First, let me start by saying I’ve had this tank for many years. A little bit about the tank. The tank itself is a eurobraced 1” starfire tank. For flow I chose 2 mp40 to upgrade the old non working jebaos. Lighting….. tossed the exotica cannons and got a hybrid t5 fixture with three xr15 g5 and (4)60” t5 blue plus. Return needed upgrading so in goes Varios 8. As for filtration and water clarity. I had a Your Choice DC-5 skimmer (luck I had a new impeller). A 40w uv sterilizer and a rowaphos reactor all scored from a fellow reefers sale I got the varios 4 pump on the uv sterilizer and dual 300w heaters and an apex controller. All that’s dialed in now. Ish. Here’s a pic of it getting wet in 2017

Here’s a picture right before for I started updating equipment and redoing aquascape. oct 2022

Story time.

So the tanks been running in the garage for the last four years with a ton of live rock, a refugium an eel and a mono. No heater and topping off with tap. So skip the cycle do 2 50% water changes and start the aquascape. Here’s what I have so far for the middle of the scape I will update more as I go.

I’ll be working on updating my sump system as it’s pretty old method huge fuge and cryptic zone Very dirty still..

For corals I’ve added a bunch since the restart already here’s a few pictures of the first additions.

Last edited by FreshSaltH2o; 12-15-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Thread Information