• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Radion update via mobious

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

Radion update via mobious

Woke up this morning to my uv lights on the gen5 turned on. Appears they where on all night.

Opened mobious app, seen there was an update for the gen 5s. Guessing this is because the new gen 6s have come out.
      So I hit update all. 1st radion updates no issue. The second one fails over and over. It's a gen5 blue BTW, both of them.
      So I try to identify light that keeps failing to update. It will not. So then I try to connect directly. Fails. So only other option imo was trying to remove it from the tank then adding it back. I've done this in the past and it has worked. It removes from The tank no problem.
      I go to add it back and the blue tooth is not picking it up. Go to my Bluetooth setting via mobious app, clear the cache. Try again, not working. Turn off the light via Apex for 10 minutes and turn it back on, sign out and close mobious then open app and sign back in. Try to add light Still not showing up.
      So I then try resetting the light itself via buttons on top. It appears to have worked as far as factory reset. I then reopen mobious and try to add the light back to the tank. Still not working.
      Live chat is a bot and of course it's memorial day so no live chat possible.
      Back of my mind I'm thinking they did there lil update, ****ed up my light so I have to upgrade. Don't know but not a bad idea.
      Looking if anyone has any tricks that may work to get my light back online. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

marty92128 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Back

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Try deleting the mobius app and adding it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am:
      Piratey

That would remove all my devices connected. Then what if I can't reconnect them

I am:
      Piratey

Just did that. All devices were saved when I logged back in but still unable to connect to the one light

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Can you plug into a computer via usb and try to set it up using the old connection manager?

I am:
      Piratey

Not sure how that works with the gen 5

I am:
      Piratey

So update. Still showing only one device on mobious app. Typical time for the lights to turn on, both lights turn on. I went back into mobious and it's still only showing 1 light connected. It's all jacked up as far as controllablitiy

I am:
      Piratey

Update for the update. So yeah mobious is definitely tinkering with there update. Dashboard has a color bar and Kelvin option now.
      Regardless, yeah.... factory reset the light about 10x unplugged and replugged. Removed app added app back, noticed a backup option. Gonna play with that later. Went through my phone did all the Bluetooth settings and mobious app settings. Cleared the cache. After the 10th reset, light was on at full intensity and locked up. Couldn't do anything controllability wise. I had to unplug it. Waited a few minutes. Plugged it back in and wallah its showing up on mobious again. Updated the light and added it back to the group, resumed schedule and all is well.
      Wouldn't be surprised if other people experience issues. I'm going to contact Ecotech tomorrow and report my glitches just so they have a record of it. Might be something to do with there new update. I know I had issues with my mp40s a while back when they did there legacy firmware. Thanks Marty.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wow … total pain in the ass

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information