• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIP Inurmind

dizzyjay is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

RIP Inurmind

A leader in the San Diego reef community, Dan Velasquez (inurmind) passed away this month after a long battle with cancer. His leadership and enthusiasm will be missed. He leaves a wealth of corals, fish and equipment behind. As tanks are dismantled, these items will be available for sale. A generous portion of the proceeds will go to a charitable organization that works to improve our reefs and oceans.

Sale thread(s)
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...rmind-coral-fs

We welcome you to join family and friends to celebrate the life of Dan Velasquez. The Celebration of Life will be held on April 23rd, Dan's birthday, at Fiesta Island in Mission Bay, starting at 3 PM.* We’ll have salads, and sandwiches, as well as beverages on hand. We will also have a grill for you to bring your own grillable items if you'd like. There will be an opportunity to share any stories, and to engage in meaningful remembrance. As the sun starts to set, we'll continue the celebration with a bonfire Some of us are planning on arriving at 6am that day to secure the final fire pit spot on the island, and we will have some inflatable sea creatures on display so that you can spot our group.* People local to San Diego, please bring chairs and if possible, a piece of wood for the bonfire.* It will be a fun, relaxed and invigorating get together, everyone is welcome.*

Date: Saturday April 23rd
      Time: 3pm- after sunset (park closes at 10pm)
      *Rain or shine- if rainy we may conclude early
      Location: Fiesta Island, last spot. Look for inflatable sea creatures that mark the spot.
      Last edited by dizzyjay; 04-10-2022 at 05:02 AM.

[G]h0s'][' is offline Registered User
      My status is: Zug Zug

I am:
      Friendly

RIP Inurmind

Rest In Peace, Dan. You were very kind and generous soul. I pray your family is comforted through these times and that you’re at rest from your long battle. 🙏

PatientZero is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Fuuuuh! That’s terrible. Dan was a cool dude. I’m very saddened to hear this. Definitely a loss for the reefing and non-reefing communities alike.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Sorry to hear, sad news, but he is at peace. Dan was a nice and good guy, he will be missed.

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

Rest In Peace Dan

StanD is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So sorry to hear this. I last visited Dan to pick up an ultra RBTA and he talked about his setup, corals, and a little bit about his cancer. He struck me as a kind and knowledgeable man who genuinely cared about the hobby. Gone too soon ... RIP Dan.

skidz is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

No, not Dan... One of the homies I met thru this site and he was so young. Rest in peace, vato. I'll be reefing with you on the other side.

mdl92128 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyjay View Post
      A leader in the San Diego reef community, Dan Velasquez (inurmind) passed away this month after a long battle with cancer. His leadership and enthusiasm will be missed. He leaves a wealth of corals, fish and equipment behind. As tanks are dismantled, these items will be available for sale. A generous portion of the proceeds will go to a charitable organization that works to improve our reefs and oceans. A bonfire at Fiesta island is tentatively scheduled for 04/23 (more info will be posted here)

Dan was a good friend and reef mentor of mine. A trip to Dan’s to grab coral was a rite of passage for many local hobbyists; he was generous with his time and knowledge. Over the coming weeks, Derek (fity2pounder) and myself (dizzyjay) will be helping the family to sell and dismantle his systems. There are some beautiful corals and fish of his that are accustom to the aquarium of true a hobbyist. Links to related “for sale” threads will be added here. PM any inquiries. For now, we mourn and remember a life taken too soon. Rest In Peace my friend.
      Please provide the name of the charity so those who don’t buy anything can still make a donation in his honor
      Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

This is devastating news. I have know Dan since joining the site. So knowledgable,, such an awesome guy. I know mid last year he was having trouble but seemed to be improving. I feel pretty bad knowing he's gone. Wish I could have had some reef talk with him one last time. He had an amazing assortment of corals and critters, enough equipment to set up 20 tanks. Dan helped me alot over the years. Man this truly is a lost to the community.

SanDiegoReefs is offline Owner/Administrator
      My status is: Busy Working on Stuff

I am:
      Amused

So sorry the hear this news. RIP Dan.
      SIGNATURE

Doing the best we can for SDReefs.com and our Reefing Community.

Have you read the post: Etiquette for newbies?

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22223

cboltsd is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Dan was a great dude, I had many great interactions and reefing conversations with him. It's surreal to know he's gone. Rest in peace brother.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Noobie_fish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have met Dan thru this forum. That’s so unfortunate and sad that he has passed. May he Rest In Peace and praying for his love ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCDreef is online now Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

I was so sad to hear this about my friend Dan who just knew everything and lived and breathed reefing and just an all around stud. It's hard to understand him just being gone now at such a young age. It's not right. But it was a hard fight and I'm glad he's not in pain anymore. I'm so sorry brother. See you around💙 RIP Dan.

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

Dan's amazing reef.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

dizzyjay is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Awesome! Glad you shared this. You could stare at that tank for hours and still not catch everything. Dan taught me that there is always room for coral . He had genius ways of hanging corals with fishing line and diy frag racks blanketed with healthy coral. He was quite the farmer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information