• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Tropic Marin All for reef?

oceanslide is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Tropic Marin All for reef?

Anyone using the all for reef additive? Either the powder or premixed liquid? Any thoughts on it? Thinking of switching to it since I downsized my tank and have no room for multiple dosing pumps and containers anymore. Thanks!

[G]h0s'][' is offline Registered User
      My status is: Zug Zug

I am:
      Friendly

I’ve used both 2 part and all4reef. For my nano, this works well for me with stable alk. Also have trace elements in it as well. I went the bulk 4 part all4reef to save money and now there is the single ingredient mix. That is so awesome and comes in 800 and 1600 from gallon dose.

DeckSD is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

I am using the premixed on my nano and works well for me.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sweet thanks! Just ordered some

BADCHEV is offline Registered User
      My status is: My 1st reef tank

I am:
      Happy

I started using AFR a few months ago, Its been my experience that the salt you use makes a big diffrence when using AFR. I was using red sea pro and 4ml a day(AFR) for my 20g tank very full with corals mix reef, my results where high mg +1500 and high Cal. +500 high ALK, 10+, so I turned down the AFR, It took weeks for my levels to drop. Seems I may have shocked my corals they where not using any elements for weeks. After all the ranges came back down I tried reef crystal salt, and ofcoarse I got a bad batch and the Mg was 1600+ right out of the container even mixed the entire 5gl bucket of salt, still high Mg. I purchased red sea blue bucket, in the beginning right after a water change I tested all the elements where right on what the label said, after a few days levels dropped and I started dosing AFR 5ml in the morning, by the afternoon, my Alk was 6.1, cal and Mg where low in relationship to the low Alk, so I gave the tank a 20ml blast of AFR, after a hour the Alk hit 7.1, I waited another hour and it was 7.0 so I gave it another 20ml blast, another hour later the Alk read 8.1, my Cal and Mg both raised up and my hammer was loving life. Since then I now dose 2Ml of AFR every hour all day and night, my Mg is at 1470, Cal 400, Alk stays 8.2-8.6, Oh I also run a Kalk reactor, the ph is a constant 8.1-8.4. Things change when you add corals and remove corals, and everyones tank is diffrent so I recommend test, test test! And your salt makes a huge diffrence! Hope this helps someone.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by BADCHEV View Post
      I started using AFR a few months ago, Its been my experience that the salt you use makes a big diffrence when using AFR. I was using red sea pro and 4ml a day(AFR) for my 20g tank very full with corals mix reef, my results where high mg +1500 and high Cal. +500 high ALK, 10+, so I turned down the AFR, It took weeks for my levels to drop. Seems I may have shocked my corals they where not using any elements for weeks……Hope this helps someone.
      Wow great info thanks!
      I’ve been using the all for reef, in powder and mixing, since maybe a week after I posted this thread. I use tropic marin salt. I’ve had good luck so far, dosing 4ml a day on a 20g tank, I’ve seen good growth and corals seem happy. But I’ve been slacking on testing lately need to get back to it and see if I need to up the dosing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information