• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnesium 1600+!

BADCHEV is offline Registered User
      My status is: My 1st reef tank

I am:
      Happy

Magnesium 1600+!

Hello, I have been struggling with this 25g tank for a while now, Temp at a constant 78deg, High No3 in the beginig I added a cheato reactor while dosing Nopox, the levels came down and I stopped the Nopox, I also learned I had way to much activated charcoal in my filter sock and corrected the amount for my size tank, 3 table spoons. I thought I was on my way to criuse control but my Mg keeps climbing and climbing even after religous 25% water change's once a week., I did a 50% water change yesterday (which I don't like to do) and the Mg is still 1600+ The only thing I can think of is the cheato reactor has a film built up inside maybe its a Mg storage? All my other readings are as follows...

temp- 78.0-78.9deg
      Alk- 8.0-9.0
      No3- 2-5ppm
      PO4- .0- .25ppm
      Cal- 450
      No3- 2-5ppm
      ph- 7.8-8.0
      ammonia- 0ppm
      salenity 1.025-1.026...this is a struggle because of evap, (I need a auto top off)!

I feed benepets ¼ tbs and ¼ tbs of pellets in the morning and 1 cube of misis shrimp and ¼ pellets in the evening. I do not strain the frozen cube of misis shrimp. I feel I have max'd out the livestock in my tank, mainly coral's with one maroon clown, one fire shrimp, and about 10 hermit crabs and 5 snails... I have a deep sand bed, and Im sure there are a few bristlle worms hiding out. I try to suck clean my sand bed, the parts I can reach from time to time, and clean my glass daily. My light is a Hydra 32 on a 12hr 9am-9pm with a high ramp middle of the day. I coppied it from a reefer from the manufactur web site, but stretched the lenght out so I can enjoy the tank when I get home from work.
      Any advise is greatly appreciated!
      Thank You

BADCHEV is offline Registered User
      My status is: My 1st reef tank

I am:
      Happy

please delete this post, I tryed to edit and some how posted two threads....uuuuhhhh!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information