• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Maxspect Gyres and the company CoralVue ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!

fity2pounder is offline Registered User
      My status is: WIRED!!!

I am:
      Geeky

Maxspect Gyres and the company CoralVue ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!

My opinion/experience with Maxspect Gyres and CoralVue.

I purchased 5 of these pumps (with three separate controllers).

Every single pump has had issues with clogging (sometimes within days of being given an acid bath)

Two of the controllers have lost power to one of the two pumps they are supposed to control. Even if you contact them within warranty, they will not help you with an ongoing issue the persists beyond the warranty period and expect you to pay for shipping, etc. etc.

The bushings they supply are very low grade and VERY QUICKLY build up and clog. This then causes the rubber boots to wear down because the bushings just spin inside the rubber boots. This effectively makes it so that the rubber boots are the new "bushings", and you can imagine how fast they wear down.

The customer service at this place (CoralVue is their umbrella company name) is absolutely trash.

There are very few companies that I flat out refuse to every buy anything from every again in my life, but this is CLEARLY one of them.

I have already wasted countless hours cleaning, replacing, fixing, etc these pumps, so please don't ask me to waste any more of my life posting pictures. I have looked at these gyres from all aspects (mechanically, chemically, and many other possibilities) that I could think of, and the only conclusion is that THEY ARE TRASH!!! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY!!!

Philip271 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I bought a couple of XF330 gyres used... it runs decent with lots of flow.. but now after a year or so, they still work but slows down unless cleaned. and especially after cleaning, it's noisy as heck! I have also looked into replacement bushings but no luck.

Oh well, when these die or becomes unbearably loud, I'll try something else. =/ Few companies now make gyres. Anyone with excellent experience with other brands? Redsea? Jaebao?

fity2pounder is offline Registered User
      My status is: WIRED!!!

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Philip271 View Post
      I bought a couple of XF330 gyres used... it runs decent with lots of flow.. but now after a year or so, they still work but slows down unless cleaned. and especially after cleaning, it's noisy as heck! I have also looked into replacement bushings but no luck.

Oh well, when these die or becomes unbearably loud, I'll try something else. =/ Few companies now make gyres. Anyone with excellent experience with other brands? Redsea? Jaebao?
      Yeah. When you first get them they appear to be amazing. But they nosedive very hard after just a few months or so. I don't have hundreds or thousands of dollars to buy new powerheads and controllers every year or two. UGH

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

I have Maxspect, Red Sea and Jebao running, and the Jebao are my favorite. They are the cheapest and seem to not lose all their power in a few months.

LotsaFishies is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Bang for buck, I always go Jabeo.

I figure I can afford for it to break, and me to have to buy a new one at least two more times before being as expensive as the name brand..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information