• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: SD Coral Farmers Show off!

Readd13 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

SD Coral Farmers Show off!

Hey everyone! I was kinda SHOCKED that nobody wanted to show off the goodies they scored from the show. Makes me wonder if everyone i playing their cards close to their chest. LOL just kidding. Thought this would be a good way to show off some of your favorite scores from the event. I have only been back in the hobby for about 4 months now but it sure has been great meeting some of you.

My favorite pieces i got was a nice chunky Red Goni and a splitting head of Hellfire Torch. If i can figure out how to post pics of them i will do so. In the meantime lets see what our local reefers couldnt leave the show without buying!

PatientZero is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I grabbed a CC Supernova bta from CaliKid. Probably a silly purchase, but hey..

abrian is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was excited to attend my first farmers market, but found the vendor tables too crowded to see their offerings very well. With nothing marked and overwhelming blue LED's I couldn't tell what I was looking at for the most part. And the vendors were too busy for me to want to keep asking them "what's that one?" over and over. I went in prepared to spend some money and get a few cool new frags, but ended up leaving with only one purchase (a BC Magic Wand frag). I'm sure I could have been more aggressive about elbowing up to tables and taking more of the vendors' time asking questions, but didn't end up feeling comfortable doing that with so many other people also trying to get a peek. So while it was cool to see so many reefers in one place, I was disappointed in the experience and will just stick with buying from individual sellers on our forums. - Alan

TysTanks is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by abrian View Post
      I was excited to attend my first farmers market, but found the vendor tables too crowded to see their offerings very well. With nothing marked and overwhelming blue LED's I couldn't tell what I was looking at for the most part. And the vendors were too busy for me to want to keep asking them "what's that one?" over and over. I went in prepared to spend some money and get a few cool new frags, but ended up leaving with only one purchase (a BC Magic Wand frag). I'm sure I could have been more aggressive about elbowing up to tables and taking more of the vendors' time asking questions, but didn't end up feeling comfortable doing that with so many other people also trying to get a peek. So while it was cool to see so many reefers in one place, I was disappointed in the experience and will just stick with buying from individual sellers on our forums. - Alan
      I’d definitely suggest giving it another shot, but attending at a later time in the day. It was really only that busy the first two hours. I was also happy to tune lights to any spectrum with a quick request. 🙂
      You can’t go wrong with the excellent deals from the majority of our fellow hobbyists here though either!

Readd13 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeah im sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Aside from one man basically elbowing me in my ribs then proceeding to step on my foot essentially bumping me backwards from one of the vendor booths, i found most people fairly respectful. I was there early and was happy that they let people in 15 minutes early if you had bought tickets ahead of time. Then it seemed like they were only letting a certain number of people in at a time, making sure people were leaving before letting new people inside.

abrian is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I'm not knocking the event at all, sorry if it came off that way. I freely own that I was there when it was probably at its busiest and that I wasn't assertive about asking questions or requesting that lights be adjusted. I'm sure some of it just came down to my personal aversion to crowded spaces. Having gone once I'd likely go much later in the event window to avoid the crowd and to feel more at liberty to engage with the vendors next time. I'm very glad that we have such an event available to us, so definitely don't want people to think I am complaining about it.

seanmcknew is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I scored some great things. A couple hg torches, ufo scoly, magic carpet, and a couple zoas.

I went right as they opened at 11am and was very set back at the number of people. This was my second time going to the cfm.

Word of advise for first timers next cfm. Go early still to snag those pieces that may not be there later (although I've heard some vendors gave deals towards the end of the day). But my approach was do a quick drive by to see what was out there (only stopping if it was a must on my wish list) After that I took my time at every booth to look and ask questions. I would say I spent about 1.5 hours inside and saw every booth and spoke to almost every vendor.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Philip271 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by PatientZero View Post
      I grabbed a CC Supernova bta from CaliKid. Probably a silly purchase, but hey..
      You definitely scored with that Supernova in terms of price. They usually go for 2-3x what they were asking. I would have grabbed it but it wouldn't do well with my Chicagos. You don't have other nems or leather corals in the tank right?

orangereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Pieces I scored and posted on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN1boenr...d=ci4wvi6mngu1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN3uvyCr...=1j10i33ul6eso

Mel

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tonyreeffish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Got this doozy!

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

LDog is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

My money went to this. Malaysian Acro from Obscura Reefs/ KungFu Corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowayReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by LDog View Post
      My money went to this. Malaysian Acro from Obscura Reefs/ KungFu Corals.

You got the largest piece! They sold out same day. Crazy

LDog is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

They had two multi branch frags that were already sold & I got the last piece.
      I was frustrated because my wife & I walked the show and I saw these on the second pass through. Can't believe I missed them the first time, could of had a multi branch...

Happy to have it none the less!

CyberGuy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by LDog View Post
      They had two multi branch frags that were already sold & I got the last piece.
      I was frustrated because my wife & I walked the show and I saw these on the second pass through. Can't believe I missed them the first time, could of had a multi branch...

Happy to have it none the less!
      I don't think you got the last piece. I think I got the last piece and it is tiny compared to yours.

PowayReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGuy View Post
      I don't think you got the last piece. I think I got the last piece and it is tiny compared to yours.
      We had yours saved in the cup I think😂 yours was actually last I think!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information