Just to post a little story. I have been out of the hobby for quite some time and by no means any type of expert. I did however pick up a bunch of livestock from someone here that was pretty infected.

I noticed a starving Copper Banded Butterfly that soon died after acclimating. Well after a while the Aptasia started coming out. Some grew up to 3-4 inches and at that volume and size, in a large tank, no way can it be efficiently managed by adding berghia, CBB, Peppermint Shrimp...all the "eaters" won't eat if you are feeding the tank and if you have very large Aptasia (IMHO).

So for the record, I pulled the offending rocks, soaked each in a fresh water dip, that caused all the hundreds of bristleworms to fall out, the Aptasia to go to the sides of the buckets, and any remaining Aptasia was injected with lime juice. The lime juice injection killed them right away then I could brush them off with a toothbrush.

Then soaked and inspected the rock for any remaining...got them all 100%

It did set me back on Coraline growth maybe, shocked few things, but it all recovered nicely after a few weeks an zero return of Aptasia.

Just thought I would share my recent, personal experience.

Mike