• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: GHL help

goody is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

GHL help

Purchased a used GHL standalone doser about 4 years ago from Danny (jada1). I don't believe he is on the forum anymore, but I found out it is the first generation and need some help setting it up Just now trying to get it dialed in and working now that I have quite a few sps frags and euphyllia in my 90g.

I downloaded the manual and read that I can select the number of doses up to 24 in a day and can also choose the mL/min to dose, and then the doser will do the rest automatically.

I only need to dose 10mL/day, so I have chosen two doses at 5mL/min. Problem is I have no idea on when it will dose, and I'm trying to check the accuracy. I've tried to calibrate the pump following the directions, but I'm getting 130mL/min when it should only be 60mL/min.

I know it's a long shot since this unit is an older model, but hoping someone has used one of these and can help me get this dialed in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

goody is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wondering if I was given the wrong power supply (24v) which is the reason it is dosing twice the amount. Would this be the case if the power supply is suppose to be 12v and I have 24v? Below is from the manual and I don't understand if that means it uses a 12v power supply.

2 Connection
      Plug the jack of the AC/DC adapter into the DC-connector of the dosing pump unit (12 VDC, polarity: Inside +, outside -) and
      connect the adapter to the main power supply.
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information