• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PTSD Program donations

joeymo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So I know there were some people saying that they didn’t have stuff to donate but they wanted to help, well I got something for you haha. I need 1 or two volunteers to do some buffing on some acrylic tanks that were donated. If no body can, no worries. I’ll get to it ones of these weekends when I have time. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Names will be listed when the first tank goes in! Keep reefing

moon doggy1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Are you going to try to set up maybe 1 or 3 different type tanks for the vets, it would be easier if it was standardized, they have everything under the sun. I think BRS came up with a cheap tank stock listing. Maybe get some 7 gallon cube that are AOI easy to setup and run and get some success, no need for something complicated like sumps, HOB like a Fluval and a HOB skimmer and a heater, easy.

joeymo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I’m going to keep it as simple as possible. I don’t want that small of a tank though because it is difficult to keep the parameters good. Plus, this is built around the reefing community and PTSD community. I want people to meet people and to talk. PTSD can keep you away from all human contact for weeks or months on end. My goal is that whoever gets the tanks will know who donated what and will be encouraged to reach out to them or other people on here. To me, this isn’t just about the tank, it’s mainly about routine and battling the PTSD. I agree AIO are great and I have used them a bunch but, this is based on donations so I can’t choose. Thank you very much for the input and I always welcome more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information