• + Reply to Thread

Thread: Neptune Trident Pros/Cons?

vinny73 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Enjoying the peace and quiet
      of owning property and space.

I am:
      Awesome

Neptune Trident Pros/Cons?

Anyone have any significant experience with the Neptune Trident? I would like your thoughts on using a Calcium reactor vs dosing wether it’s manual or peristaltic pump injected. Is this equipment worth the money for the reduction of anxiety and tank stability? It seems companies are making things easier for reefers but at the same time, making them dependent on equipment. One of the benefits I received from club meetings was the introductions from putting a face to a screen name, stories of personal experience and the occasional manufacturers reps coming and explaining their product. Knowledge is key when making a wise choice in maintaining a closed environment. The investment in livestock must be protected with either manual labor done personally or a service paid for. There is no insurance available other than personal knowledge and understanding of ones investment. The only insurance is proper testing and adjustments of tank levels. My biggest triumph was many years ago when I finally incorporated an ATO. But I was not well enough informed on what all I should be testing. Seems like this piece of equipment being integrated in a high end controller helps provide some assurance, and a slight insurance that your investment is in proper care. Thoughts? I’m of old school ways of using a reactor but recent discussion has a split consensus of which route to go. In using a reactor, how do you maintain calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and Ph?

oceanslide is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

No experience with a trident yet but I would say it would make setting up dosing pumps or a calcium reactor a lot easier to dial everything in, although there is the cost for the unit and the cost for reagents every month. But i would love to be able just to check all my levels whenever i want on my phone. As far as calcium reactor vs dosing, it's really up to your personal preference and tanks consumption of elements. Usually people whose tanks are using higher amounts of alk and calc end up going with a calcium reactor as it easier to keep up with the high demand and keeps everything super stable, but you can totally use dosing pumps with high consumption tanks, or a calcium reactor with low demand tanks, again really personal preference. the co2 injected into the in the calcium reactor drops the ph of the water inside the chamber which melts the media which is then pumped out and that effluent contains all the elements needs to dose the tank.

vinny73 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Enjoying the peace and quiet
      of owning property and space.

I am:
      Awesome

Thank you for your insight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information