• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: 55 gallon-- need to sell quickly :(

OneMoreMike is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

55 gallon-- need to sell quickly :(

A couple days ago, while we were setting up to paint our family room, my wife noticed that there was a bit of water on the floor behind my 55 gallon aquarium. Long story short, after moving the tank, we discovered that a lot of the laminate flooring under the tank was warped and would need to be replaced.

This has put me in a bit of a bind-- my aquarium has been getting neglected of late, and so I think the proper thing to do is to sell the whole setup.

I am keeping my small Ocellaris clownfish and coral banded shrimp and a few snails in my 10 gallon tank I used for a quarantine tank. I had a Coral Beauty as of a few days ago, but I have not seen her since I had to move the tank (hoping she is well and just hiding) and would need to find her a good home.

I am thinking of offering the whole setup for $250 obo... I wouldn't be adverse to parting it out if need be, but I would need to sell the rock and sand first. My preference would be to get rid of all of it at once.

I have a lot of equipment in the sale:
      • 55 gallon stand and canopy
      • 55 gallon acrylic aquarium-- the leak happened (very slow leak) I believe in the gasket between the tank and the plumbing which leads below. I would recommend replacing all the plumbing however if possible. I'll show a picture of the back where the leak was.
      • About 65 pound of live rock (mushroom corals on a lot of the rock)
      • ?25 pounds of sand (mostly in the 'refugium' in the sump which lately has been just a DSB
      • In sump Protein skimmer (this was newer, i think 4 years old)
      • Eheim return pump
      • 60 watt 48" LED fixture-- it worked well enough for me, my Green star polyps (GSP) and mushroom corals overran everything a few years ago. Right now I just have mushrooms, not sure about the GSP, it may not have made it.
      • Custom sump-- protein skimmer, pump return then refugium

There is a lot of other equipment, such as the powerhead and heater (undersized but worked fine for me) as well as a few other things I am forgetting to mention.

I need to add pictures I know, hoping to get to that tomorrow but I have been very busy today (just made the decision to sell it today).

Thank you for your consideration. We are getting our floor redone this Saturday so I am hoping to have it gone by then if possible.

OneMoreMike is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I can part this out

AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1 In-Sump Protein Skimmer (just checked, it was purchased in 2013, so a bit older than I thought).
      $50

Current USA Orbit Marine 48" 60 watt LED light fixture
      $40

55 gallon acrylic aquarium (drilled in the back), Canopy and Stand for 55 gallon tank with custom acrylic 3 chamber sump, Eheim return pump. Powerhead (forget the brand, it is a wide-flow powerhead)
      $120

Live rock along with live sand (I listed this under livestock as well in a separate thread)
      $60

There was a (very slow) leak here at the bulkhead. you could probably seal it, I would recommend just getting a new bulkhead. Actually I think all of the plumbing in back should be replaced as it is pretty old.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information