• + Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving sale, 125G Full setup

rayzcar is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Moving sale, 125G Full setup

Hello fellow SD Reefers,

I'm packing for an impending move and so considering letting another reefer take over my 125G tank, which I've had running since October 2015, rather than moving to the new place. I previously purchased the tank from this forum but did a lot of plumbing and mods on the sump.

It's a full setup with dual corner overflows, sump, skimmer, ATO, programmable controllers for the wavemakers, extra unused return pump; anything I have fish related will be included along with my 5G buckets for water changes.

The light is a Current USA 72" Orbit IC LED, purchased new at end of November 2018, cost over $250 with tax.

It has over 150lbs of live rock; I had created 3 acrylic poles with base and drilled through the rock for the main pillars.

Livestock includes a clown trigger (big boss of the tank), picasso trigger, blonde naso tang, blue tang, yellow tang, flame angel, singapore angel, clownfish, royal gramma, and a mandarin goby. It's generally FOWLR, though there are some basic hardy corals (GSP, mushrooms) and a nem. Can't keep much in the way of cleanup crew because of the triggers.

It would need to be out on or before Friday, March 29th, since the actual move is taking place after that (I've done this before and it's a full day job, or at least it was for me). If anyone is seriously interested, I will take a break from packing and send more pictures upon request. I'm just throwing a round number out to start of $1000 but price is somewhat negotiable. Just the rock alone is well over half of that amount and then the livestock would easily push it well over the asking price. Then add tank and equipment too, so I think it's quite fair. I do have a Paypal account for those who prefer paying by card so there is a record.

If no takers by the time the move happens, it looks like I'll still have a tank at the new place.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yVgg9SJWEEtJP8Y3A

Last edited by rayzcar; 03-24-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Had a no show today so still for sale this week. Had couple inquiries on specific fish but preference is still to sell the whole setup first, then all the livestock (again preference is as a group), followed by live rock then equipment.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Paid for an extra week at old place so still able to consider offers for the entire setup. Otherwise, scheduled to move into my new place on Saturday the 6th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjernigan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I'm interested. Text me 760 79one 646two

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by rjernigan View Post
      I'm interested. Text me 760 79one 646two
      Texted back, sorry about the delay, been busy with the move.

Last chance offers anyone? I can still be convinced to sell if you make a reasonable offer and are able to get everything out by end of day Saturday. Otherwise, I'll be breaking it down this weekend and already made arrangements for a truck and some help to move the tank to the new place this weekend.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hello all. It's almost time.

Like a couple of guys who reached out, nobody has time to waste and to be fair to everyone, here's how I'm going to move forward with anyone genuinely interested in buying my setup.

I've offered the full setup to a couple of guys at $900 so that's the cost, no more, no less. I will give them both an opportunity to to provide their email address and whomever responds first, I will send a Paypal invoice and give them an hour to pay. If the second also provided their email address, they will be next in line to receive an invoice and get an hour to pay. If neither of the first two complete the transaction, I will give the third person who PM'd me (with an offer) the next opportunity to close the deal.

If you wish to get in line after those three, please PM me your email address to which I would send the Paypal invoice, after which the hour clock starts to complete the payment. I'll do that for the rest of Friday but please keep in mind I do have a full-time job and am still finishing up my move (still need to do final cleaning and patch up holes in the wall, drop some stuff off at the dump which closes at 4pm).

For anyone still interested, I've added more photos to the Shared Google album here. FYI, one picture is from when I first moved the tank in and the stand had just been refinished, another was from the previous owner before I did any work on the stand.

If anyone does buy, I will send you the address in 92122 where the tank can be picked up. You can keep the pictured buckets and 5G water containers to help with the move, however, you'll probably also need to bring enough containers (maybe 100g) for however much used saltwater you wish to save along with the live rock and sand (and fish). You'll probably need another 25g of clean saltwater to complete the system (the sump takes around 20-25g and then you want some freshwater for the ATO). You will need at least a full size truck and preferably 4 guys to move. I'm not helping with moving the tank because there are no refunds, especially if you drop or break the tank. I will give you the furniture dollies to keep and help out but please be aware there is a step down then quick step up right outside our front door.

If nobody buys, that's alright, thank you for your interest. I've reserved my weekend and plan to start the breakdown first thing Saturday morning and then already arranged to have a couple of friends (along with myself and son) to move the heavy glass tank on Sunday afternoon.

Happy fishkeeping everyone!

ADDING-ON FOR TODAY 4/5/19: I pulled the canopy from the back my storage unit. It’s dusty and unfinished because my wife didn’t want to use it. So you’ll need to clean up and re-finish if you want it to match the stand. It has 4 small front doors, two large doors on top and a fan on each side (which will need to be wired up before use). Also, there was a bag of clean unused sand (maybe 40 pounds?) and a large blue storage container (the metal locking ring is rusty but it does hold around 20 gallons). Pics of all the new stuff added to the Google photo album and included at no additional charge.
      Last edited by rayzcar; 04-05-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Adding

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information