• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: UC Purge for AEFW

Kris.C is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Geeky

UC Purge for AEFW

About 3 months ago I noticed a few of my acros were looking pretty stressed and losing colors. Polyp extension was good but colors were getting lighter and pastel. Make a long story short after checking my water and saw parameters were in range (8.5 Alk, 400 Ca, 1310 mag, Nitrates 5 ppm) I pulled out the trusty mag glasses to creep on the tank. After staring at a few pieces I noticed something crawling ..

I ended up pulling 90% of my pieces from my rock work and dipped immediately. Two large adults fell and a handful of smaller flatworms came off from the Coral Rx dip. I do have a Mystery wrasse which if I had to guess was picking off the larger more noticeable adults and kept the population in check to an extent. Few days later I decided to order Purge after reading the reviews from R2R.

I followed the 28 day treatment using double dosage throughout to ensure I took care of the problem. Sad to say it didn’t work for me. I still found eggs and flatworms at the end of the treatment which left me frustrated and annoyed. On the plus side this treatment lead to no loses from the medication even at double dosage. Some folks had success with this and some haven’t so take my experience at face value and use your own judgement on the product.

Glad to say to took care of my AEFW problem by going with the tried and true weekly dips on ALL my acros. I switched to Bayer to treat my pieces and after damn near 4 weeks of dipping I haven’t found any eggs or pests on my sticks.

Here is a pic of the same acro which had the bite marks earlier.

Daytime whites

Glad I managed to treat this problem this piece turned out stunning especially under my moonlight blues setting.

Color comparison next to my pissed of Walt Disney colony from the constant dipping. WD turned green but her colors are coming back slowly.

Moral of the story .. perseverance paid off. Treating this pest issue damn near ruined my sps experience. This stuff might work for you but it sure failed on my end. Good ol’ tedious dipping took care of my problem but save yourself the headache and learn from my mistake .. DIP before you add!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oceanslide is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Great looking acros! glad you were able to get rid of all the flatworms

sorinwilcox is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Amazing! Great work

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

Glad to hear you got rid of them

You are not the first person I’ve talked to that did the treatment and didn’t work. I feel like a company shouldn’t release a product that’s not guaranteed to work every time I feel it’s not good for the community.

Kris.C is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by OhioStreetz View Post
      Glad to hear you got rid of them

You are not the first person I’ve talked to that did the treatment and didn’t work. I feel like a company shouldn’t release a product that’s not guaranteed to work every time I feel it’s not good for the community.
      Agreed, it’s a little pricy to begin with. Those with larger tanks are taking a significant gamble with their hard earned money for a product that “may” work. Live and learn I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information