• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: AquaIlluminations Prime HD

trixxx619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Cool AquaIlluminations Prime HD

Anyone have these lights? If so I’d love to hear what settings you are running, power percentages, etc!

crustaceon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

PAR meter that sucker. Every setup is a little different and strong LED fixtures like that one can fry coral to a crisp in one tank and be ok in another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

PAR meter that sucker. Every setup is a little different and strong LED fixtures like that one can fry coral to a crisp in one tank and be ok in another.

Tonyreeffish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have 2 prime hds on my zoa tank and this is what my graph looks like. Took me a while to dial it in, but now everything is happy and doing great. These really are powerful for the size.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tonyreeffish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Then again im doing mostly zoas so youre really gonna have to figure out what works best for your tank. I recommend start low then crank it up slowly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

leonel619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Here’s my schedule with 2 AI Primes HD. Both over a 20x20x20 cube. I keep mostly zoas/palys
      There’s a thread on reef central with a ton of info on ai lights and the many schedules people use.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Basically right now I am running the Saxby settings from AI website. Seems a lot of people like those settings and I like the color. NOW what I am trying to do is dial in the brightness/power of those settings. There is an option to reduce the power by whatever percentage you want(they call it acclimation mode) since Saxby has a massive deep tank and I only have a nuvo20 at 13” deep, running my lights 8-10” off the water. I’ve got my overall power reduced to 60% from the overall Saxby settings. All my corals are fine but seems like both my bubble Nems have lost some color the past week or so. All my tank parameters are great and feeding is great too. Like states above I think I need to get a Par meter. Any recommendations???

Thanks guys!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

AquaIlluminations Prime HD

If you’re losing color on anemones, I would further reduce the intensity while you line up a PAR meter rental to get things dialed in. Sometimes we brighten things up to please our eyes without realizing a lot of the spectrum the livestock in our tanks are receiving are outside of what we can register. For example: My tank runs four arcadia marine blue 54w equivalent led tubes, a coral plus and an aquablue special. The tank looks dim to my eye, but the corals are super colorful and growing like weeds. Humans just suck at seeing blue. I think the same thing whenever I see Aquatic Warehouse’s anemone tank. It’s so dim but the anemones seem to like the intensity and spectrum they’re receiving.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Here are my Saxby settings. He has a big tank and these are the set settings. However I have mine on a reduction (acclimation mode) so when his power say for blue are at 98%, I have the reduction set at 50%, meaning my blue is only operating at 48%. Seems low but at peak day they are still bright as well. Does Aquatic warehouse have a par meter? I live close in mission valley so maybe I’ll swing by today. Thanks for all the input guys. Really digging these lights! Just want to get them perfect

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information