I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sent pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Don't do it, I thought a few might be nice, they took over my system, I cut every coral from their rocks and plugs, re-scaped the entire tank with all new rock after washing out my tank several times with fresh water and removing all of the old gravel. I am still looking at every coral to make sure none are left months later.
      Last edited by knightnsd; 10-13-2018 at 09:44 AM.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Blue cloves were never a problem in my system I had them.in a full mix reef 80-90g system for over 6 months.... I actually killed mine. Lol

They dont compete well in a macro tank died off when I put then in a 12g macro only and moved them.back to my big tank they still died off was too late to save em.

But I have seen tanks getting broken down due to how invasive they can be. Probably best to just buy something less invasive and more colorful to pop in the tank.
      Last edited by CMD2213; 10-13-2018 at 10:25 AM.

inurmind is offline Registered User
      My status is: playing w/matches &
      putting out fires

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
      Don't do it, I thought a few might be nice, they took over my system, I cut every coral from their rocks and plugs, re-scaped the entire tank with all new rock after washing out my tank several times with fresh water and removing all of the old gravel. I am still looking at every coral to make sure none are left months later.
      Haha, damn bud for real? That's intense!

I've had several conversations about blue cloves and have heard many people say something similar to what Edward said...

I really don't get why so many people have such strong negative feelings about these cloves. I kept them in my main display for almost ten years and other than the fact that they spawn in the water column (as do other corals) I don't have anything bad to say about them... If they sprout up in a place you don't want them just pull the rock and drag a towel across to wipe em off... easiest thing ever... if you missed one or two then just do it again later (if you can't remove the rock piece then just do it under water while you cyphon out around it or cover it with epoxy).

They're not aggressive and don't sting surrounding corals nor are they like the other small cloves that're purple/brown that are invasive and will grow and wrap around corals killing them.

I've heard stories of people who said they moved a rock with them and it crashed their tank... now while I can't say with 100% certainty that it wasn't them I will say it was probably something else that caused the turn. I have wiped them off pieces of rock/plugs before adding said piece to my old 6 gallon nano without issue.

The only thing that I will say is if you have micro zoas they may have to compete for light with them if they're side by side. Other than that I dig em... my wife loves em and when I had a shelf rock covered with those and a couple other corals she called it her mini fairy glen like from zelda or something ;p

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information