Thought I would start a thread to chronicle my 2nd build. I'll be upgrading from a 90 tall SeaClear that I put together a few months ago.

I picked up a used 280 gallon Leemar from da6d2003 (Thank you sir) with stand and sump. Brought over two pickups, a crew of people and got her home safe and sound.

Just a little bigger than I had... 84"x30"x25"

Here's the stand and sump.

I've given the sump a vinegar bath but plan on doing some reconfiguration. I'll be adding filter socks, and possibly changing the layout. It doesn't look like it was put together with Weldon so I might be able to completely overhaul it.

I've got a Geo's SU36R on my 90 and while I love it, I think it's too small for a tank of this size.

Plans for now.

I'm hitting the stand with an angle grinder and flap discs to knock the rust off, found some pitting under the surface and will try some Naval Jelly to clean the pits out. If that's successful I will respray and seal it.

There's a few teeth missing on the overflow. I'm contemplating leveling out the surface where the missing teeth are and replacing them or shaving the rest of them off and going with gutter guard.

Cabinet will be fabricated, 3-sides that slips around the front or skinned and look at a rare-earth magnet solution.

Return pumps will be dual Cor20s
Lighting, thinking of selling my Hydra26's and moving over to Kessil 360x