• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Real OG Bowtie Blasters

ReefersGarage is offline Platinum Site Sponsor
      My status is: Chasing Corals

I am:
      Amused

Let's unfold the mystery of the Bow Tie Blasters. We got a shipment with a zoa disk that had 3 types of zoas on it- bow tie blasters, halloween goblins, and a new morph. The morph looked like bow tie blasters that originally came from golden basket but noticeably brighter and vivid. We took this morph to a show and sold them to a ton of vendors including zoanthids.com, Vance, legendary corals. I believe some vendors re named them spitfires. So long story short the browner duller ones are GBR Bow Tie Blasters. If you really care about lineage then the brighter ones are RG Bowtie Blasters that we distributed to other vendors. To confuse things even more zoanthids.com renamed them as RG Spitfires to distinguish them from GBR Bow Tie Blasters because they are two completely different zoas. See attached pictures.
      Last edited by ReefersGarage; 08-29-2018 at 11:07 PM.
      North County Tropical Fish
      611 S Santa Fe Ave
      Vista CA 92083

760-477-7594

Mondays CLOSED
      Tuesday 11am-6pm
      Wednesday 11am-6pm
      Thursday 11am-6pm
      Friday 11am-6pm
      Saturday 11am-6pm
      Sunday 11am-6pm

I am:
      Amused

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180829-231154_Gallery.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	41137

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180829-231150_Gallery.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	41138
      611 S Santa Fe Ave
      Vista CA 92083

760-477-7594

Mondays CLOSED
      Tuesday 11am-6pm
      Wednesday 11am-6pm
      Thursday 11am-6pm
      Friday 11am-6pm
      Saturday 11am-6pm
      Sunday 11am-6pm

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by ReefersGarage View Post
      Let's unfold the mystery of the Bow Tie Blasters. We got a shipment with a zoa disk that had 3 types of zoas on it- bow tie blasters, halloween goblins, and a new morph. The morph looked like bow tie blasters that originally came from golden basket but noticeably brighter and vivid. We took this morph to a show and sold them to a ton of vendors including zoanthids.com, Vance, legendary corals. I believe some vendors re named them spitfires. So long story short the browner duller ones are GBR Bow Tie Blasters. If you really care about lineage then the brighter ones are RG Bowtie Blasters that we distributed to other vendors. To confuse things even more zoanthids.com renamed them as RG Spitfires to distinguish them from GBR Bow Tie Blasters because they are two completely different zoas. See attached pictures.
      so your disc came in wild but had 2 variations or bowties? The version similar the GB and a brighter one.... so technically the darker ones are the o.g. if bought directly from g.b. rather than anywhere else they weren't from his strain. I remeber seeing your plugs with bowties when they got all the hype at first and you offered me a great deal. 6p for 120 bucks. Which at the time those polyps were going for 75 to 100+. Thanks for that offer (wife was there so that was a no go lol).

But technically the brighter ones aren't bowties then they are a morph like version then correct? Even thought they are both sold as bowties.

PatientZero is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So, if they came from VW reefs (Vance?) they are being called something else? (RG bowitie / spitfire?)

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by PatientZero View Post
      So, if they came from VW reefs (Vance?) they are being called something else? (RG bowitie / spitfire?)
      guess so. The brighter ones are. The. Rg ones the ones that have darker skirt are the. GB version

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by CMD2213 View Post
      so your disc came in wild but had 2 variations or bowties? The version similar the GB and a brighter one.... so technically the darker ones are the o.g. if bought directly from g.b. rather than anywhere else they weren't from his strain. I remeber seeing your plugs with bowties when they got all the hype at first and you offered me a great deal. 6p for 120 bucks. Which at the time those polyps were going for 75 to 100+. Thanks for that offer (wife was there so that was a no go lol).

But technically the brighter ones aren't bowties then they are a morph like version then correct? Even thought they are both sold as bowties.
      Correct! Golden Basket came out with the OG Bow Tie Blasters and we came out with the morph right at about the same time lol...

I believe Vance and Legendary sold them as Bowtie Blasters, and Zoanthids.com sold them as RG Spitfires.

If you have the GB ones they are different from the ones being sold above.

So basically if you got them from vance legendary zoanthids.com or ultra corals they are RG Spitfires/rg bowtie.
      Last edited by ReefersGarage; 08-30-2018 at 01:11 PM.
      611 S Santa Fe Ave
      Vista CA 92083

760-477-7594

Mondays CLOSED
      Tuesday 11am-6pm
      Wednesday 11am-6pm
      Thursday 11am-6pm
      Friday 11am-6pm
      Saturday 11am-6pm
      Sunday 11am-6pm

PatientZero is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by ReefersGarage View Post
      Correct! Golden Basket came out with the OG Bow Tie Blasters and we came out with the morph right at about the same time lol...

I believe Vance and Legendary sold them as Bowtie Blasters, and Zoanthids.com sold them as RG Spitfires.

If you have the GB ones they are different from the ones being sold above.

So basically if you got them from vance legendary zoanthids.com or ultra corals they are RG Spitfires/rg bowtie.
      Weird, I see similar color schemes whem I google spitfire paly, but they dont match the vibrance of these. Could just be the photography.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information