I posted an update not too long ago as I had just been running my 7g rimless cube and 20g tall with not much action other than doing weekly water changes and adding a clean up crew (hadn't been able to focus on the tanks like I wanted).

Both tanks have been running for 5 mo now with consistent weekly water changes but I'm still losing snails every few weeks and keep seeing brown stuff on the glass weekly.

I had my water checked and everything was fine. The 7g is having the most trouble, I increased the amount of water that i was changing to see if that would help.

Is it the recent hot weather? I put the temp on the heaters down after I noticed the temp above 80 (when it got really hot recently, even though my heaters were not set that high). Is my light cycle too long? They're running 7-7.

I want to add coral soon to the 7g, if it's looking like this (see pics) will I have trouble? One pic is trying to show the stuff on the glass (I cleaned the top half of the right side to show the difference but it was hard to capture in a picture). Should I be doing something different?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk