• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Jebao or Vortech?

pellikan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Jebao or Vortech?

After about 2 years my Jebao RW died past the point of repair. When I setup my tank I couldn't afford any better. Now it's dead, I need a new wavemaker. I'd really like the Vortech MP10wqd but it's difficult to afford even now. I can get another Jebao for 1/4 the price.

So, are the extra features worth it? Will the Vortech last 4x as long as a Jebao (8 years or more)?

I would be willing to entertain other suggestions. I have an 80G, 48"x18"x23", mostly softies with some SPS so I'd like a little more than a gentle flow. I don't have a controller so I don't really want constant flow pumps, just programmable.

My corals are doing ok for now on the remaining Jebao but I'd like to get this resolved soon-ish. I don't feel as though I have time to watch the boards for a private sale to come up.

Thanks in advance. Let the debate begin!

LotsaFishies is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Jabao all the way, no question about it.

You can afford for it to die on you many times over and still come out ahead. And, their more recent models are working better / longer than the older ones.

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Let’s the bridges you
      burn light your path

I am:
      Geeky

I’m a Vortech guy if you have the money it’s worth every penny just for the clean looks of no cord in tank and the controller is great for dialing in flow you want. The warrant on them through ecotech is amazing I sent a 2011 model in that broke and they replaced in no question asked. I’ve used their warranty program a few times with success each time and I wasn’t even the original owner they are great.

I have 4 mp40wqd and two mp10wqd on my system so you could say I like them a lot random flow is key

Kris.C is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Geeky

Just switched to the Vortechs myself, liking them so far. Ease of cleaning the wet side is pretty convenient as well for routine maintenance. Nothing wrong with Jebaos either I ran them for years with no issues. I’m headed down the Sps dominant setup so Vortechs were a no brainer. Hard to justify not spending the money on reef tank essential when people spend hundreds on a tiny Sps nub.

Redryder87 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The clean looks of the vortech are good... but I have owned both and prefer jebao by far. Easy to program, although vortech has more custom options. But I had more problems with my vortechs than any other powerhead I’ve had. For that price, there shouldn’t be any issues. I know most people live by them and have had great experiences, but ide go jebao from now on. Even got the reef link, which isn’t very user friendly. Plus, you can’t angle the vortechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hydrahawk is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You really can’t beat the price on a Jebao? You can get multiple of them for the price on a mp-10. I own two mp-10s, one is from as early as 2011 or 2012, still runs. Currently, I have 2xmp10 and 2x6095 in my system. I just don’t like to support knock offs, that is why I haven’t bought a jebao.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information