• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone mountain bike?

cHRoNzZe v2 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Padel dammit....ouch on the knee, looks like you done some fun runs... the wife amd i are still entry levels but we are planning of doing a big bear trip any recommendations where to go for entry level ?mostly speaking for the wife im the guy slow as hell till the downhills comes up then im in the front lol

Pedal Dammit is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

so many options in big bear and it really depends what kind of challenge you want. The Summit park has the new green trail. I rode it just the other day and it does require some MTB skills so I wouldn't advise for a wife first timer kind of trail. That said, I rode it on my steel hard tail bikepacking bike, so it isn't all that difficult in the grand scale, I had a lot of fun coming down. You can rent big travel trail bikes.

More XC type stuff:
      Skyline trail is awesome. beginner / Intermediate. The entire trail is very long, so you would want to just "try" some segments of it to see if it is your cup of tea or not. It can be accessed any where along various fire roads , yes you can also drive up there and park and camp at yellow post sites. (not sure how long may need pass)
      https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/367916/skyline-trail

Hana flats is a great beg / int loop on the north side. Go up the fire road down the single track ride. Just long enough to be a good ride without be "too" long for first ride at elevation. A little steep at the end but a short walk if too difficult to ride it.
      https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/315...nna-flats-loop

if you want non-MTB easy flat paved path : There is a nice beach cruiser pedal path on the north side that goes along beach areas that can be explored. This is the easy chill ride option. Maybe bring a backpack with a blanket and some beer in it. The path is short, but there are many picnic spots along the way with nice view of Snow Summit from across the lake.
      Last edited by Pedal Dammit; 07-15-2018 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information