• + Reply to Thread

Thread: SDCheaps...truth

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

SDCheaps...truth

While living in San Diego and being a hobbyist for many years I did my fair share of buying and selling on this forum. I made the move to FL around xmas and while the cost of living here is definitely much cheaper I've noticed the sale of aquarium equipment not so much. CL is full of what I'd consider ridiculous priced used equipment for a set up I wouldn't even want in my garage. While there could be a deal to be had here and there for the most part it's noticeably higher. So, enjoy that high cost of living but cheaper used reef equipment budget.

Cheers!
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

Thanks for the input bud. We do have it pretty good out here for sure. I was in Ohio visiting family and was surfing Craigslist for reef stuff and some people were asking more than what things were new lol. I guess it really come down to supply and demand. Hope your enjoying Florida

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Yea S.D. is spoiled and half the time.the guys lowball you or pull the ohhh I only got much move. Many times it's a screw it I need it gone sale. I've talked to buddies on fb from different areas and stuff we get for free or 5 bucks is 20 to 40 pp or frag. The equipment is full retail and access to stuff is limited.

Just next time you're in San Diego buy everything here resale it there and love off those millions haha...

sumbudy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you for sharing. Bummer. Hope you brought your fish tank equipment along so you can still enjoy the hobby.

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

That is what you call balance my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I bet your glad you didn’t sell me that led bar before moving, now you can ask for double ! Lol I hope you’re liking it out there, and I would have figured Florida would have been similar to sd when it comes to prices for reef related items, but I guess I was wrong. San Diego is definitely cheap when it comes to coral and equipment. I literally sell coral on R2R for sometimes triple of what I could locally. Supply and demand is 99% of the reason why. We are lucky to be drowning in the coral leftovers from LA.

I’ll keep selling $10 corals on here, and my high end stuff on national forums. Lol

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by jessegarcia28 View Post

we balance the rest of the world out haha

working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by OhioStreetz View Post
      Thanks for the input bud. We do have it pretty good out here for sure. I was in Ohio visiting family and was surfing Craigslist for reef stuff and some people were asking more than what things were new lol. I guess it really come down to supply and demand. Hope your enjoying Florida
      Thanks, definitely enjoying it and love our home here. Its officially summer...definitely hot with the humidity and a typical thunderstorm daily in the afternoon/early evening. But I work from home and the AC works fine and have been spending plenty of time in the pool. Everything has it pros/cons...CA just priced us out for what we wanted. Bought my first generator recently in prep of hurricane season which lasts till late Oct I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CMD2213 View Post
      Yea S.D. is spoiled and half the time.the guys lowball you or pull the ohhh I only got much move. Many times it's a screw it I need it gone sale. I've talked to buddies on fb from different areas and stuff we get for free or 5 bucks is 20 to 40 pp or frag. The equipment is full retail and access to stuff is limited.

Just next time you're in San Diego buy everything here resale it there and love off those millions haha...
      Haha, I'll actually be there in July for Opening Day @ Del Mar...a tradition like none other. I actually plan on bringing an extra suitcase to haul back IPA's.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbudy View Post
      Thank you for sharing. Bummer. Hope you brought your fish tank equipment along so you can still enjoy the hobby.
      I only brought what didn't sell. I'll definitely end up with a set up in my home office at some point. May end up splurging on a Reef Savvy tank now that I'm actually in FL but Miami is still a good 4-4.5 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by jessegarcia28 View Post
      Touche' ---

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      I bet your glad you didn’t sell me that led bar before moving, now you can ask for double ! Lol I hope you’re liking it out there, and I would have figured Florida would have been similar to sd when it comes to prices for reef related items, but I guess I was wrong. San Diego is definitely cheap when it comes to coral and equipment. I literally sell coral on R2R for sometimes triple of what I could locally. Supply and demand is 99% of the reason why. We are lucky to be drowning in the coral leftovers from LA.
      Ha...no, I may end up using it down the line

I’ll keep selling $10 corals on here, and my high end stuff on national forums. Lol
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

march is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Marlin- Good to see you drop in a note here... Glad to hear all is going well.

-Marc

working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
      Marlin- Good to see you drop in a note here... Glad to hear all is going well.

-Marc
      Thanks Marc, most definitely enjoying life. Hope all is well with you and the fam!
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

moon doggy1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I guess you have the inside secret buy from San Diego and have it shipped to Florida.

I'm gland that you are settling in and enjoying Florida, its a shame that SD is so dang expensive, at the IE is going to hit 108 and up this week.

working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by moon doggy1 View Post
      I guess you have the inside secret buy from San Diego and have it shipped to Florida.

I'm gland that you are settling in and enjoying Florida, its a shame that SD is so dang expensive, at the IE is going to hit 108 and up this week.
      Guess it depends on what it is Jim Agree, CA has outpriced itself IMO.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

XO PRESENTS is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      My status is: Never doubt that a small group
      of thoughtful, committed
      citizens can change the world;
      indeed, it's the only thing
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

Hey Marlin,

I didn't even know you left, I've been on the DL lately. Let me know if there is anything that you want me to ship out there to you bud.. I hope all is well and your enjoying that humid weather .
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

SDR Marketing Director / SDMAS Board of Directors

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Investing in our SDR Community www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?89507-SanDiegoReefs.com-Giving-back-to-our-community

My Crazy Obsession
      www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?96495-Xo-signature-experience-s-obsession-continues

Show Some Love
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?75529-XO-PRESENTS-feedback

Who Got Tats? wwwhttp://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-Off-Your-Tats.

working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by XO PRESENTS View Post
      Hey Marlin,

I didn't even know you left, I've been on the DL lately. Let me know if there is anything that you want me to ship out there to you bud.. I hope all is well and your enjoying that humid weather .
      Ha, thanks Ron. No need for anything to be shipped, just providing my observations from living in FL for the past 6 months. All is well, I'll be back in San Diego in a few weeks for opening day at Del Mar and to get my fill of burritos. I will be taking advantage of Southwests 2 bags fly free policy though so I can bring back some San Diego IPAs.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information