• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Donations needed--Aquatic Adventures

famvac is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Red face Donations needed--Aquatic Adventures

I am on the Board of Directors for the Aquatic Adventures Science Education Foundation ("Living Labs for Youth"), a San Diego nonprofit foundation which serves youth at risk, particularly in the inner city areas. AASEF brings marine science programs to inner city schools, and brings these kids to their laboratory and field projects to inspitre them to learn about their environment, and excel in their learning. The results have been amazing (check out their web page--www.aquaticadventures.org), with many local, state and national leadership awards for their programs.

For the past 8 years we have been working out of a small location on Santa Clara Point in Mission Bay and have finally found a new larger location near De Anza Cove. With the move, we are also trying to construct new aquaria systems for the lab, starting from scratch. But with the move, we are on a very low budget. I am looking for interested individuals that may be interested helping Aquatic Adventures with a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation of equipment or supplies and/or expertise to assist in setting up our new systems.

Timing for the move is about mid-May. We are looking to put together 3 large tanks (100-150 gal). One will be based on a bay ecosystem, with moderate flow, eel grass, sandy bottom. One will be rocky intertidal. One will be shoreline subtidal based. We do not trust the bay water quality for a flow-thru system, so these will be closed systems with chillers to keep appropraite water temp.

Any help is appreciated. I am happy to meet with one or more of the folks in this community to coordinate our needs and possible donations. If you are interested, please PM me or post. Thanks very much for your consideration.

fish fu is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

fish

I'm a commercial aquaria collector here in Cal. If you nead free livestock or help with what to keep and what not to let me know. Jim
      livestock & dry goods
      Jim ~ Exotic Aquatic ~ 858-610-4931

famvac is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Exclamation More info on Aquatic Adventures

For more info on AASEF, check out today's (April 18) SD Union Tribune, page B-7. Richard Louv has an editorial about the Foundation and one of its projects!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information