• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Support brace emergency

Void760 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Support brace emergency

Hello. I have a 100 g system ( 60×25.5x16). The support brace is broken. I've tried several glue and silicone to fix it but nothing is holding. I spoke with crystal aquarium and they suggested i reach out to you guys. I am disabled and also not mobile so this is really hard for me to fix. The tank is currently filled and has about 8 fish in it. Is there anyone in the chula vista area willing to help me out. I paid 400 dollars for this complete system less than two months ago so on my income im really not trying to buy a whole new tank...

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Can you take any pictures to better explain what you are talking about when you say support brace? Are you talking about the brace above the water line? That seems strange to me that a company who builds and repairs tanks, would send you here. Was it because they were out of your price range?

Void760 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      Can you take any pictures to better explain what you are talking about when you say support brace? Are you talking about the brace above the water line? That seems strange to me that a company who builds and repairs tanks, would send you here. Was it because they were out of your price range?
      Cant really take a picture because its nothing there now. Its the piece of glass in the middle of the tank that keeps it from bowing out.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

I think that would be really hard to fix unless the tank was empty. I assume this is a glass tank? Replacing the broken brace would require you to get another piece of glass and silicone seal that back in place (with the tank empty), wait 48 hours and then refill the tank.

Same process for an acrylic tank, more or less, except you would use an acrylic brace and solvent to weld the brace in place.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information