Hello everyone, my name is Tony, or GriMAcE. I am new to these forums and new to having a saltwater/reef tank as well. I have kept freshwater and done lots of reading and video watching on both. I also currently work at a Petco (I know, I know).

Anyway I moved to the SD area almost a year ago ad recently set up a 55g freshwater convict cichlid tank, always one of my favorites, and a 3.7g tank for a betta I got my girlfriend. I then got a free 8g hex tank from work that was returned and ended up deciding to do saltwater! It is my first experience in saltwater tanks.

Anyway I know this is small so I am already in the process of upgrading, $1 per gallon sale at work right now so I picked up a 20g High tank and bag of sand to set up as my reef tank. I also have reef saver rock ordered coming this week and am planning on getting water from Scripps pier.

So over the next 2-3 weeks I will be setting up this 20g. I am in a 2nd floor apartment so not doing sump or anything, just HOB filters, and possibly other equipment later on, and water changes, testing and cleaning for now.

Anyway I can't wait to have this tank going and hope I do not run into any major issues.