• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy a new setup?

cagirly2006 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Where to buy a new setup?

Hello: We have an opportunity to upgrade our tank here soon and are trying to figure out the best route to take... Is there anywhere local to buy nice and fairly priced tanks with stands and canopy? Order online? Is there a company to hire that will do the tank swap and plumb everything for me?

Currently have a 120 looking to get a 200+

Any information will be helpful.

Thank you.
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]...Stepped out of reefing for a while but hopefully steppin back in the near future...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: Out of the tank-Fragophilic

I am:
      Happy

Try Chris, aka lotsafishes on here

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I’ve heard good things about crystal dynamics if you were going the route of ordering a new tank. They are reasonably priced and will give you a locals discount

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
      Try Chris, aka lotsafishes on here
      Thanks, I should have thought of him. Messaged him.
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]...Stepped out of reefing for a while but hopefully steppin back in the near future...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      I’ve heard good things about crystal dynamics if you were going the route of ordering a new tank. They are reasonably priced and will give you a locals discount
      Thanks, I will check them out now. I recall you hired a company to setup your new setup like a year ago. Did you like them?

MandarinGirl is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

It might be too far, but last year I got my tank, stand, and canopy new from Ocean's Tropical Fish in Mission Viejo. I had checked at cost prices with a friend beforehand so I knew what kind of mark-up stores were adding. I got an incredible deal with David. He gets glass and acrylic tanks from Advance Aqua Tanks who makes Visio and Clear For Life.

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cagirly2006 View Post
      Thanks, I will check them out now. I recall you hired a company to setup your new setup like a year ago. Did you like them?
      I have mixed feelings about them. They did a good job with equipment, but a lot of livestock died because it wasn’t taken care of properly. I ended up moving twice since then and moved the system myself with the help of two friends each time haha.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by MandarinGirl View Post
      It might be too far, but last year I got my tank, stand, and canopy new from Ocean's Tropical Fish in Mission Viejo. I had checked at cost prices with a friend beforehand so I knew what kind of mark-up stores were adding. I got an incredible deal with David. He gets glass and acrylic tanks from Advance Aqua Tanks who makes Visio and Clear For Life.
      Thanks! Do they have a website? Or did you go in-store to look at their inventory?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      I have mixed feelings about them. They did a good job with equipment, but a lot of livestock died because it wasn’t taken care of properly. I ended up moving twice since then and moved the system myself with the help of two friends each time haha.
      Thanks!! We are still using the 120 we got from you just over a year ago we just want to go bigger and dont want to deal with the plumbing part of things.

MandarinGirl is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cagirly2006 View Post
      Thanks! Do they have a website? Or did you go in-store to look at their inventory?
      I believe they only have a store. I went on the Advanceaquatanks.com website to look at everything they make. I called and spoke with them first to get my questions answered, then placed my order with David. There are only a couple store to choose from in this area of OC. David's price was 1/3 of the other couple places I got quotes from.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by MandarinGirl View Post
      I believe they only have a store. I went on the Advanceaquatanks.com website to look at everything they make. I called and spoke with them first to get my questions answered, then placed my order with David. There are only a couple store to choose from in this area of OC. David's price was 1/3 of the other couple places I got quotes from.
      Thanks! Appreciate the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information