• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: jschnepf's equipment sale

jschnepf is offline Registered User
      My status is: Happy as a clam

I am:
      Amused

jschnepf's equipment sale

The tank is down, its time to start listing equipment....

I will try to keep this first post updated and organized. I am located in San Marcos. More items will be added as I get them cleaned up and ready for sale. Items will be available again after the first of the year. Please feel free to PM me if you want something and I will mark it as held.

Lights:

*SOLD* Group of 4 "full spectrum" china box LEDs. Two independently dimmable channels white/ blue. There are some red, green, uv, warm white led scattered in with the whites and royal blues. $60 each.

Pumps:

Reeflo Dart $100

This was my return pump, always performed wonderfully. If you do some research you will find this is one of the most efficient pumps for volume of water moved per watt of power consumed. Purchased new from custom aquatic, I have pulled it apart twice for cleaning and greasing. I think I still have the original extra gasket and impeller blade that came with it, but I haven't found them yet. If I get someone interested I will start the search.

Iwaki External Pump $30

This pump I used as a transfer pump to move NSW from my van tank to my holding tank. I have an adapter that will convert the output to a standard garden hose if wanted. Works great.

Little Giant External Pump $30

This pump was used for my water changes. Pumped from my NSW holding tank to my sump. Pumps 20 gallons for my weekly water change in under a minute. Works great.

Lifeguard 1200 $10 I used this as a rodi water pump when I needed to fill something. So not much time on the pump.

*SOLD* Jebao DC3000 $40 I used this as a pump for my reactors, usually run at about half power. It is a jebao pump and as such is inherent to needing to be kept clean to run effectively. I have noticed it not running a number of times while in use, but a quick pull and clean gets it going again every time.

Wave Makers:

*SOLD * Jebao RW-4 $20 This was the wave maker I used in my frag tank. Again it is a jebao wave maker and anyone using one for a long time will know that it is best run on one of their continuous settings. IE not a pulsing wave. It runs great in else or constant mode, but in a wave mode it tends to stop after a few days and need a nudge to get going again.

*SOLD* Jebao WP-20 $20 I had two of these in my display tank, one the ceramic shaft has seized, the second runs well. I will include all of the parts from both wave makers that are still good. Again like all jebao pumps in my experience, it is best to run in a continuous pattern, not a pulsing one. This one will not make it more than a day in a pulse. But will run well in else or constant mode.

Misc:

ATO Tank $30

I made this tank from another broken tank's glass. It is 18x16x18H divided into two sections, it holds just about 9 gallons in each side. I was originally using it as half RODI, half RODI/ KALK. My RODI kept the left side topped off and I had a water pump in the right chamber for stirring the kalk mixture. My ato then pulled from the kalk side to top of my reef system. There is a float valve on the one side that is included that will allow you to keep your rodi system connected and the one side constantly full of ready water. There is also a drain just in case the float valve ever fails.

Refugium Tank $40

48.5x16x17.5H This has a "bean animal" style setup for the overflow, and a few dividers that act as a bubble trap. Three holes for 1" bulkheads in one side. Could easily be used as a sump or display tank.

Sump $40

90 gallon 48.5x18.5x25.5H Used this tank as my sump, it has 1 1.5" bulkhead in one side.

Mighty Magnet $40 These things just work.

*SOLD* Brine Shrimp Hatchery $15 Just add an air pump, place in your refugium, add eggs and in a couple days you will have lots of tiny brine shrimp. One of my favorite things for keeping live food always available for the reef. I will include the brine shrimp eggs and scoop. The air pump I think finally died, but will include it as well. You should plan on getting a new one, they only seem to last a couple years at most, but are an inexpensive item to replace anyway.

Koralia Pump $5 Turns on and spins, hasn't seen water in a few years. I think it is a K4 but not completely sure.

Glass Cleaning Scraper Set $10 Two scrapers, one long, one short, both take the same replaceable blades. Plastic acrylic blade, and glass metal blades are available. This is the best scraper I have found for easily cleaning stubborn Coraline. I may have some extra blades, but not promising. I always got replacement blades from custom aquatic in vista.

Flipper Magnet Cleaner $5 This cleaner only works on fairly thin glass. Doesn't hold on 1/2" glass, so may be better for smaller systems.

Magnetic Contact Float Sensor $5 Each 3 Available, discount on multiple

Just what you need for your reef controller. Use it as a high water, low water, skimmer cup, ato container sensor, or whatever you can think of. I purchased 10 these, three are still unused.

RO and DI filters with Dual zone TDS meter $20

This is not a complete RODI setup, but it is the two main parts to get you started. You will want to get at least one pre-filter, a carbon filter, and a chloromine filter to complete your ATO water filtration. I am still using the other filters for our drinking water. Filter housings are pretty cheap on amazon to finish building the exact RODI system you desire. The RO membrane is a 150 gallon per day, and the matching restrictor is included along with the auto shutoff valve if you want to hook it to a float valve.

*SOLD* 1" SQWD $40 No description needed. If you know what it is and want one, here you go. I think I have another one somewhere in the pile of parts, I will add it if found.

*PENDING* PH Probes $5 Each 3 available. Always kept wet, the pinpoint and Neptune have both been used by me and seem fine. The yellow one was given to me with an apex purchase, I never used it but it has always been kept in my sump along with the others. I always recommend getting a new ph probe if it is your only one, but if you want a backup or extra for redundancy or maybe a ca reactor here are a few ones cheap.

*SOLD* Tunze Auto Top Off $120 What can I say, the best ATO, period.

*SOLD* Nextreef Shorty Reactor $40 Great little reactor

*SOLD* Koralin Reactor $10 The fittings are broken off, I always planned on drilling them out and turning it into a gfo regenerating reactor.

*SOLD* Reef Octopus Skimmer Container $80 The most excellent addition you could add to your skimmer. This has a built in float sensor, and will cut the power to your skimmer when it is full. This thing has saved my butt many times. It also has a carbon filled filter section to keep that skimate stink to a minimum.

*GONE* Equipment rack $FREE If you can use this its all yours.
      Last edited by jschnepf; 01-28-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added more stuff and marked items pending

fijisrfr is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sorry to see it go, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am:
      Amused

Yup, me to. But all good things come to an end at some point. Hopefully sometime later in life I can do it all again, but more badass!!!

I am:
      Amused

Added a few more items. Bump it up.

I am:
      Amused

Last chance for the package deal on the lights. I’ve got two members waiting to buy individual ones.

I am:
      Amused

Alright lights are available as individuals for $60 each. One pending for pickup this weekend.

aztec80 is offline Registered User
      My status is: 200 gallon

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ill take brine shimp hatchery if available

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I am:
      Amused

I had one other member message me about it. Not sure if he is going to work out or not, ill give them till tomorrow to confirm then you are next in line.

nptran is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Interested in the hatchery and scraper set if still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am:
      Amused

I have one member who pmed me about the hatchery, just waiting to see if they still want it. Scraper set is still available. I will be adding more items today.

I am:
      Amused

Added some more stuff to the list.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jschnepf View Post
      Added some more stuff to the list.
      Any word on hatchery

I am:
      Amused

It is available again, I tried to pm you but your box is full.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jschnepf View Post
      It is available again, I tried to pm you but your box is full.
      I cleared box

I am:
      Amused

Can’t edit first post from my phone. Reactors, and hatchery are pending.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information