Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Raptor's Red Sea 750 XXL

Raptor72 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Ok, now it's starting to
      become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jcal View Post
      Ya. Go slow on the fish stock( naso's get ich quick) and corals, especially sps.... I have a RS 250 deluxe for about a year already has 3 AI 26 HD. Similar to your setup style. I have lots of high end sps..some still frags. Just hi ut me up when your tank is stable.
      I am going for an sps dominant tank so yeah, let me know what you have. The tank has been stable for weeks now. I've been collecting frags meanwhile.
      Quote Originally Posted by OhioStreetz View Post
      I see you decided on the nyos skimmer I swear by them they are dead silent and pull some serious skimate out. The tank is looking great I plan on adding the magnetic switch for lights under my new tank also. Keep at it bud
      I love how quiet it is. I'm just having a hard time dialing it in. I have the water line at the bottom of the cup and when I come home at night, it's overflowing. The water level in the skimmer section is at a constant rate and the return pump is set at one speed.

Ok, now it's starting to be an obsession

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

I also forgot to mention I’ve picked up a few 3D printed parts online. The first was a grid for the L1 pump that I found on eBay.

I found a few Cuvette dryers and holders for the Salifert tests.

And I replaced my space saver dosing jugs with a clean looking one instead.

rlh92105 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor72 View Post
      I also forgot to mention I’ve picked up a few 3D printed parts online. The first was a grid for the L1 pump that I found on eBay.

I found a few Cuvette dryers and holders for the Salifert tests.

And I replaced my space saver dosing jugs with a clean looking one instead.
      Where did you get your dosing containers? They look nice.

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rlh92105 View Post
      Where did you get your dosing containers? They look nice.
      It’s the Simplicity Dosing Container. I ordered it from Aquatic Wharehouse. There’s a thread about it somewhere. It hold a 1/2 gallon in each section.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Those are nice clean and "simple" looking perfect for any setup

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

I’ve been stocking my tank again and taking it slow this time. My main goal for this tank is stony corals first and fish second. I don’t have any good pictures yet as I’m trying to find an app that will cancel out the blues.

I’ve been ordering a few things to beef up my testing kits. I bought an automatic stirrer for the test kits. This helps if you can’t rub your stomach and pat your head at the same time. 😂

I also picked up a few Cuvette dryers for my different sizes and attached them in the garage.

Today I got a great deal on the new Red Sea ABC supplements and picked up some NO3:PO4-X NITRATE & PHOSPHATE REDUCER to assist with some hair algae that’s been getting a foothold in the rocks. I can’t wait to see results from this stuff.

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

As inevitable as it is, I’ve been dealing with a bit of hair algae the past few months but have been getting it back under control. I added an Abalone and a couple of sea hares to assist.

I finally went ahead and did a soft plumbing retrofit and added in a UV sterilizer. I built the manifold and ran it off the main pump ( Vectra L1 ) which should provide sufficient flow. I made sure to turn down the flow to get sufficient contact time with the UV.

This Kessil H380 has been amazing with the algae growth. It’s time to thin out the chaeto, sea lettuce and grape caulerpa again.

Pedal Dammit is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I was lucky enough to see this tank in person the other day. Very impressive! I love the rock work you did.

Thanks again for the deal on the used apex. by the way, was wondering which RODI are you using?

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Thanks for the compliment. It was nice meeting you and your daughter.

It’s a 5 stage filter from The Filter Guys which are no longer around. It’s the same set up you’d get off BRS or MD. I just ordered a Water Saving Kit from BRS to help reduce the amount of waste water and increase the production from 75 to 150 gallons per day.

apt220 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tryin' to make some room.

I am:
      Amused

East Chula Vista, San Miguel Ranch, 91914
      Clean set-up. Very nice!

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by apt220 View Post
      Clean set-up. Very nice!
      Thanks

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Not sure where I left off last but I’ve been dealing with some hair algae, from over feeding I’m guessing. I scrubbed the rocks this weekend and I’m thinking of adding another WAV to the mix. I think I’ll take out the Mp40s and have all 4 WAVs since I can aim those in different directions.

The cheap clips that came with the UV light snapped ( like they always do 😡 ), so I made my own bracket to hold the light up and out of the way.

I bought a Miniatus Grouper out of impulse and after being in the QT for a couple of weeks he went in the DT and swallowed my Chalk Bass which was the same size.

One of the 4 new clowns finally found it’s way to the nem which climbed up to the top since the other clowns died. I’m guessing it wanted more light. . I need to catch this Grouper because it’s just eyeing the clowns which are pretty small.

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

October was a month of successes and (almost catastrophic) failures. I was finally able to overcome the GHA issue with the help of NoPox. I added the last of my fish (for now), a Two Barred Rabbitfish, a Blonde Naso Tang, a One Spot Rabbitfish, a Powder Brown Tang and a Yellow Corris Wrasse.

I was able to catch the Red Hawkfish and Miniatus Grouper and they were taken back to the lfs. Everyone is getting along fine now and that’s how I’d like to keep it.

On the negative side, I woke up to a completely silent tank the other morning. My Vectra L1 return pump gave out for some unknown reason. I went for my backup L1 and it wouldn’t work either. 😡 I took apart the backup and the impeller chamber was swollen on it. I had bought this one used and didn’t check it when it came in a couple months back 😡😡 Learn from my mistake, people! Long story short, I had to drive an hour to to Aquatic Wharehouse because no one had one in stock. I called Ecotech, maker of the Vectra, and they are sending me 2 new pumps.

A couple days later, my Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer made a popping sound and stopped working. I was expecting this to happen, just not this soon. This company makes a crappy unit and they know it. I dealt with them several years ago when the same thing happened and they told me that they were aware of the issue but that there was no plan to redesign their product.
      I only used this brand again because it was given to me. I plan on getting an Aqua Uv unit during the Black Friday deals.

become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

Raptor's Red Sea 750 XXL

I almost forgot about the new tech I added recently. It’s a 3D printed switch box that works on the Apex controller. It has one toggle switch and two buttons. I have the toggle programmed for WC and turns all pumps, power heads and skimmer off till I flip it back on. The buttons are programmed for Feed Mode and Skimmer Cup Clean, pretty self explanatory.

I found these selling from a guy on the Neptune Facebook page. This is super convenient because I don’t have to pull out my phone, open the app and perform the function there, just a flip of a switch.

I also had been reading about the new Alexa voice feature on the Apex Fusion app and figured what the heck. I picked up an Echo Dot and have it programmed also. 🙄

The only thing I have left to do is to figure out how to configure one of those auto water change devices.

stpatrick is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor72 View Post
      A few additions in play. I was tired of filling the stock ATO reservoir every 2 days so I ordered a custom 20 gal container to sit on the side of the stand. I’ll have to keep track and see how long this goes before needing refilling.

Also, the NYOS 160 skimmer came in yesterday. It’s currently in a bucket in the garage with some water and vinegar to help break it in.
      My son says it looks like an overpriced coffee maker. I told him he was half right.

I also added a few fish to get things going, a Midas Blenny, a pair of Anthias and a Lawnmower Blenny which didn’t make it after a week for some unknown reason. It was eating well and I just found him dead one morning. My eye is on the Midas Blenny, he looks kinda guilty.

I’m working now on getting my dosing system running since I picked up a few frags.
      Love the ATO container. Where can I get one

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information