Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T5 with reefbrite?

Redryder87 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

T5 with reefbrite?

Hey all,
      I have an ATI T5 fixture and was just wondering who runs reefbrites with theirs? Do you have them on together? Or LEDs just at night? Also, what reefbrite strip are you running? I ordered the UVA mini mag. Pretty sure I need a 36” tech strip or the HO one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Mine are not reefbrites but rather panorama pro's, but still very similar, and I prefer T5/LED combo's myself, for growth and shimmer w/out shadowing or spotlighting.

I run my LEDs an hour before and after for a warm up/cool down period, and both on for about 8 hours, so 10 hours total.

I'm not familiar w/ the RB specs, but I'm pretty sure they are actually better than what I have, I run two strips w/ my 4 bulb T5, one all blue and one blue/white, works well for me.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by davocean View Post
      Mine are not reefbrites but rather panorama pro's, but still very similar, and I prefer T5/LED combo's myself, for growth and shimmer w/out shadowing or spotlighting.

I run my LEDs an hour before and after for a warm up/cool down period, and both on for about 8 hours, so 10 hours total.

I'm not familiar w/ the RB specs, but I'm pretty sure they are actually better than what I have, I run two strips w/ my 4 bulb T5, one all blue and one blue/white, works well for me.
      What are your tank dims? I was thinking just blue for mine. For shimmer and glow. I have a 6 bulb in my 90. Was a little worried about running the LEDs full time... may be too much?

I am:
      Amused

4x2x2 120g

I would run them the whole period just as I listed, it's what most if not all do.

Color depends on your prefernce, I like a more natural look in the 12-14k range, but some people like really blue.

If you are adding strips to an existing tank that already has corals you may wish to acclimate them some at first by running less.
      Last edited by davocean; 10-19-2017 at 05:16 PM.

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

I run a dimmable 8 bulb ati with dual reef brite xho I run the xho for 12 hours a day and the 8 bulb for 8 hours

goldenchild is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I run 2 sb reef lights over my 210. Get awesome bright blue light out of them and they cost half as much as the xho's. I have heard some people say the xho's give out a uv that adds to the coloration of the corals. I am already running an 8 bulb ati over the tank and am happy with the colors.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks everyone! I decided on one tech strip for now. XHO is out of my budget lol

I am:
      Amused

There ya go, cool thing is you can always add another if you think you need it, which you might want to later as it takes a little to cut through the T5 enough to give shimmer while those are on.

My favorite part of day is the cool down period, when just the LEDs are on, killer shimmer and w/ my colors it's still pretty natural but w/ some poppy color.

When my T5's are on that shimmer drops a bit as they get flooded out some, but still cool, just enough.

Night time after all lights are off I still have blue moons for just a hint of light and poppy color.

goody is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenchild View Post
      I run 2 sb reef lights over my 210. Get awesome bright blue light out of them and they cost half as much as the xho's. I have heard some people say the xho's give out a uv that adds to the coloration of the corals. I am already running an 8 bulb ati over the tank and am happy with the colors.
      Do you have a photo of your lighting setup? How do you like the SB lights? I have been checking those out-love the price compared to the Xho's. Is your fixture and leds 48"or 60"?
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

jasonsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The reefbrite xho is hands down the best light in the industry. Definitely worth the money. I added a 72" a few months ago in place of my old strips. Proving to be one of the best investments I have made.

I am:
      Amused

I've been thinking about upgrading from my panorama's, going to have to look at those,where did you guys get yours from?
      I'm wanting something that cuts through my T5's a little better.
      Last edited by davocean; 10-20-2017 at 07:04 AM.

goldenchild is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I accidentally got one longer than the other. I like the longer strip forgot the size but its the longest one they make. Im sure the xho's are badass they better be at that price. Wether it makes that much of a difference i think is a matter of opinion since i dont think anybody has run any tests to compare the 2 lights

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cboltsd is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by goldenchild View Post
      I accidentally got one longer than the other. I like the longer strip forgot the size but its the longest one they make. Im sure the xho's are badass they better be at that price. Wether it makes that much of a difference i think is a matter of opinion since i dont think anybody has run any tests to compare the 2 lights

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      I run the sbreef sbar as well and I'm very happy with it. I have a single 48inch on my 60inch 6 bulb t5 and it does the job. I will be grabbing another one for the back side when I get a chance. The newer ones come with a dimmer switch as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

Mine are mounted to the canopy but I run a 36in and a 24in in the back the color is amazing on the xho's.

This is just the xho' s on and the colors pop

Tapio is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

I run XHO Blue Reef Brite strips together with 250 W MH Phoenix. IMO the Reef Brite strips are the best complementary LED light you can add to either T5 or MH setups.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information