• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Terrible experience trying to buy a fish from BlueHippo

FreshSaltH2o is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by jetli1969 View Post
      lol I think blue hippo is sushi, because looks at how many posts sushi put in this thread. I counted 17 posts on this thread.
      In my opinion blue hippo is sushi, no questions about it!
      +1 I’ve thought it all along

Itskdo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by christ1991 View Post
      Ive been calling him, texting him. He is a straight scam artist. It's been almost a month now I pre paid for these seahorses and I we schedule 3 pick ups he flaked all three times. Now he is no where to be found. He said he would return my money, he did not. And from what it sounds like he was able to get a box shipped but not Venmo some money back.
      That's rough man, maybe the guy above who had a good experience with him can try to contact him for you? When I dealt with him he said he lived in El Cajon but who actually knows what the truth is at this point......

Jega is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
      Hey guys. I’ve been following this thread cause I had bought some coral from bluehippo. I’m just gonna give my experience with him. I posted a thread looking for coral and received a pm from him. We text back n forth and agreed on certain pieces and price. When it came time for payment he actually suggested if I felt more comfortable paying just shipping charges first and remainder when I received the coral. But me being in this community and my experience with other reefers I submitted full payment. Here’s the only issue we had, when it came time for shipping fedex wasn’t guaranteeing next day. I believe this was due to the fires and interstate being close. And at this time I’m seeing this thread here on SD reefs so I’m starting to get skeptical. I text and he always responded and let me know what was going on. He apologized about the delay and even asked if I would like a refund. We agreed for the package to be sent out Monday the 11th. He told me he would throw in some frags for the inconvenience. Sunday afternoon I received tracking info for my package. Shipping label was printed. Monday I receive pics of frags in shipping box getting ready for shipment. Finally today is scheduled delivery day and guess what?....
      Package arrived with freebie frags, everything looked good. So thanks Blue hippo for my experience with you. Got a good deal on some nice pieces. I took the time to write this to share my experience. I got everything I paid for and more. The person I dealt with was polite and considerate. But that’s my experience. Hope everything works out for everyone and happy reefing
      I might be asking for too much here but if you are on good terms with the guy, why not text him with interest or call him directly to see if you can get in contact with him. Im sure theres a few people here that have been burned that arent trying to get physical, but still want a solution to his debts owed!

sushi is offline Registered User
      My status is: pee in tank

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSaltH2o View Post
      +1 I’ve thought it all along
      LOL! I am not sure if you actually think that, but if so...

PowayReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

***😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Suess210 is offline Premium Member
      My status is: “Reef Keep and
      Chill”

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo_oz View Post
      I feel pretty bad saying this but, I 2 have been burned by BH. So a couple of weeks ago I posted up some Zoas and a crazy cheap bounce lol. So I had a lot of people PM/ texts me about my 4 sale thread. BH was one of them and we set-up a deal (2 hallucinations zoas ). Well long story short we set up a date 3-5 time he never made it. Never bothered with a texts or Pm nothing ( only person to flake). Am a busy person as well and I have things I need to
      Get done also. Am sure we all have had a problem or 2 where we just can’t make it but, come on 3-5 time. Blue hippo stop doing that $h!+ it’s not cool and your wasting people’s time. We are a small community in SD and yes we are cheap and love deals but, if you can’t make it then stop wasting peoples time. That’s why some people don’t even post on here anymore bcuz of this kind of stuff.

P.S. Am always busy and @ times am not the fastest to respond. The people that know me and have talk to me know that but if I tell
      You I’ll b there then I will.

Happy reefing everyone and post pictures with the stuff your selling 2 hahahaha😜

Carlos is the worst at responding. I’ll hear back from him from a text that’s 2 weeks old 😂

Dr. Suess210 is offline Premium Member
      My status is: “Reef Keep and
      Chill”

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
      Jetli is #1
      False. His wife never gives him permission to buy

christ1991 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Do not buy from this scammer. I still have not gotten those seahorses I paid for over 4 years ago

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information