• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible experience trying to buy a fish from BlueHippo

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      Flakes 3-5 times on each of us lol. I’ll post my experience when I have more time. He’s probably going to make a new screen name, but he’s already burnt some of the top players on here so there’s no hiding.
      Top Players? There is a hierarchy now? Lol

sushi is offline Registered User
      My status is: pee in tank

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Jetli is #1

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
      Jetli is #1
      Nice! I want to see rank structure. Lol
      I am probably on the bottom because I can’t beat this green/red slime in my cube!

jetli1969 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Honey, stay away from my fish
      tank!

I am:
      Awesome

I, nominate sushi is #1
      Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
      Jetli is #1

KorL is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I wasn’t gonna post but since so many have. I guess it’s fair to share my experience with him. Have had 2 transactions with the guy.

1st, I traded sand for a couple of sun corals. It was kind of a headache trying to make arrangements for a trade. I’m out in Temecula so I would give the guy my availability on when I'm down in San Diego for work. Then he would eventually reply asking if f I wanted to trade on a day I’m not in San Diego. Smh. I explained a couple times that I’m not driving from Temecula to trade a bin of sand if I have no other plans in being in SD. I would just play it off and eventually after about 3 weeks we finally traded. Other than it being kind of a headache trying to schedule, I can’t complain about trading sand for a couple corals.

2nd transaction, I had noticed that he had sold a coral pack with gorgs, so I messaged him that I would be interested if he had anymore packs. He said he would have more soon. So maybe a week goes by then he lets me know that he can make a pack for me, he texted me pics of different types of gorgs and telling me how expensive one of the gorgs were. Some sort of ventalis gorg, that usually sells for a lot on its own. I told him that’s fine, I take a pack. Same story, trying to make arrangements. About 2.5 - 3 weeks after agreeing to buy. He told me that he was available on a particular Friday, I made plans to be in the El Cajon area. I messaged him that I’m in the area and can pick up but no reply from until late that night after I had already made it back to Temecula. At that point, I didn’t think that I was gonna be able to make arrangements. Later that week he messaged me that he was available and I decided I’d just go out of my way to pick them up.

I had agreed to buy 3 gorgs, 3 sun corals, 1 sponge. When I met up, the corals were bagged all in one bag. I tried looking to make sure they were all there but it was kind of difficult to sort. I saw three gorgs in the bag but they were all tangled together. When I got home and opened the bag I noticed that 2 of the gorgs were very similar. I looked back at my text I noticed that the so called expensive gorg wasn’t in there. I messaged him a few times about it but have never received reply back from him ever since. And I'm sure he’s seen the text because he’s so quick to reply when I’m interested in buying and I've seen him post on the forums after the fact.

I was hoping that he would reply back saying there was a mistake or offer a partial refund but zero replies. Or maybe even just tell me tough luck or sorry no refunds. LOL. I know the gorgs he was selling were like 2 for $50, so the third gorg that I bought was suppose to be a $50 gorg but looked very similar to the others. I know when I sell stuff, I try to be fair if there’s any issues.

Kicker is, both times I had made transactions with the guy, it’s supposedly his friend that I met up with. Maybe that’s really him?!?! I’m I getting catfished?!?!?! The corals are nice and all. But really difficult to make arrangements. Not sure why you post stuff for sale if you can’t meet up.
      Last edited by KorL; 12-08-2017 at 10:43 AM.

newellio is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by KorL View Post
      Kicker is, both times I had made transactions with the guy, it’s supposedly his friend that I met up with. Maybe that’s really him?!?! I’m I getting catfished?!?!?!
      Your new screen name is manti t'eo.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by newellio View Post
      Your new screen name is manti t'eo.
      Haha! When he said "Am I getting catfished" I laughed out loud in my office

As far as rankings go, surely, Shirley, I must be near the bottom, just above the people who post fake craigslist ads and then say weird things when you call the number...

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

When I say top players, I’m referring to the people that post every day, the people that are very active on the forum.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by KorL View Post
      I wasn’t gonna post but since so many have. I guess it’s fair to share my experience with him. Have had 2 transactions with the guy.

1st, I traded sand for a couple of sun corals. It was kind of a headache trying to make arrangements for a trade. I’m out in Temecula so I would give the guy my availability on when I'm down in San Diego for work. Then he would eventually reply asking if f I wanted to trade on a day I’m not in San Diego. Smh. I explained a couple times that I’m not driving from Temecula to trade a bin of sand if I have no other plans in being in SD. I would just play it off and eventually after about 3 weeks we finally traded. Other than it being kind of a headache trying to schedule, I can’t complain about trading sand for a couple corals.

2nd transaction, I had noticed that he had sold a coral pack with gorgs, so I messaged him that I would be interested if he had anymore packs. He said he would have more soon. So maybe a week goes by then he lets me know that he can make a pack for me, he texted me pics of different types of gorgs and telling me how expensive one of the gorgs were. Some sort of ventalis gorg, that usually sells for a lot on its own. I told him that’s fine, I take a pack. Same story, trying to make arrangements. About 2.5 - 3 weeks after agreeing to buy. He told me that he was available on a particular Friday, I made plans to be in the El Cajon area. I messaged him that I’m in the area and can pick up but no reply from until late that night after I had already made it back to Temecula. At that point, I didn’t think that I was gonna be able to make arrangements. Later that week he messaged me that he was available and I decided I’d just go out of my way to pick them up.

I had agreed to buy 3 gorgs, 3 sun corals, 1 sponge. When I met up, the corals were bagged all in one bag. I tried looking to make sure they were all there but it was kind of difficult to sort. I saw three gorgs in the bag but they were all tangled together. When I got home and opened the bag I noticed that 2 of the gorgs were very similar. I looked back at my text I noticed that the so called expensive gorg wasn’t in there. I messaged him a few times about it but have never received reply back from him ever since. And I'm sure he’s seen the text because he’s so quick to reply when I’m interested in buying and I've seen him post on the forums after the fact.

I was hoping that he would reply back saying there was a mistake or offer a partial refund but zero replies. Or maybe even just tell me tough luck or sorry no refunds. LOL. I know the gorgs he was selling were like 2 for $50, so the third gorg that I bought was suppose to be a $50 gorg but looked very similar to the others. I know when I sell stuff, I try to be fair if there’s any issues.

Kicker is, both times I had made transactions with the guy, it’s supposedly his friend that I met up with. Maybe that’s really him?!?! I’m I getting catfished?!?!?! The corals are nice and all. But really difficult to make arrangements. Not sure why you post stuff for sale if you can’t meet up.

Same thing with me! He told me it was his “friend” That was coming to my house to make the transaction.

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

No bueno. Can the Mods do an IP track of his accounts? I bet there is more than one.

What did the friend look like? I'm sure someone has met him when he's referring to himself as bluehippo.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That's so strange

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ok so here’s my experience...

I will skip the parts where he would continually flake, and skip right to my two experiences that prove this guy is not welcome in our tight community.

It all started when I made a post looking for gorgonias, and I believe I may have been one of the first people to deal with him regarding gorgonias. He sent me a message telling me he has access to gorgonian and sponges through his friend but wouldn’t be able to get them for about a week. We messaged back and forth setting up a trade, and then we came to an agreement. The entire time I was asking for pictures, which he kept telling me he would send tomorrow. Then when he finally got them, he message me and said we are ready to meet. He finally sent me pictures and I told him OK let’s do this tomorrow. Well I was under the impression it was set in stone because I have been waiting over a week for the pictures and we already agreed for the trade. Then the day we are supposed to trade, i see that he created a thread selling the same stuff he was supposed to be trading with me, and used the same pictures that he finally ended up sending me. I’m not exactly sure what his intentions are, but it was upsetting to see him make a thread selling the corals we already agreed to trade, And shortly after making the thread he listed them as pending.Here is the thread: http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...ges&highlight=

As you could see I commented on it asking if They were pending to me because I was patiently waiting for pictures all week. Then he came up with some elaborate story telling me that his friend is going to come meet me at my house because he was busy or something. Just like above, when he arrived all of the gorgonian‘s were in the same bag, and two of them had necrosis and were dying. I did not notice this until he left and I pulled them out of the bag so they were as good as dead before they even went in my tank, but I chalked it up as a loss and didn’t even want to deal with him because it was such a headache. Meanwhile the entire time he would keep telling me he wants to buy coral from my threads, and would never come through. I don’t really care about that though, I’m used to people changing their minds. What was really discouraging is how he is playing some sort of game listing the corals after we already made a agreement .

Then Out of nowhere, he sent me a message saying “Hi, I'm selling frag of WWC kung Pao montipora.. $120” . I found this strange because I never asked him about this piece, so he is just trying to push it off for me to get it sold. No big deal, right? Well then later I saw he made a thread with this coral listed for sale, and told people he wanted $100 for it. So everybody else gets it for $100 but I have to pay $120?

This guy is a joke, I would avoid him like the plague. He will be brave to show his face around after all of this

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by pirate2876 View Post
      No bueno. Can the Mods do an IP track of his accounts? I bet there is more than one.

What did the friend look like? I'm sure someone has met him when he's referring to himself as bluehippo.

I guarantee it is him, and not his so called friend. He’s doing this to save face. He doesn’t want anybody to put his face to his bad reputation.

ricenoodle is offline Registered User
      My status is: Cube Addict

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Damn the struggle is real out here for some corals and fish lol. Fake screen name, aliases, and bogus for sale threads? It's like a damn movie plot. I had no idea this was even going on. Most folks i've dealt with on the page over the years were straight up reefers who's good natured as it's really not a big community on the page, we'll all deal with one another one way shape or form down the road anyway.
      Last edited by ricenoodle; 12-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.

goldenchild is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have had a pretty good experience with the guy although I have not needed to meet up with him. I put a bunch of pulsing xenia as PIF on here and he offered to trade me some corals for all of it. It was a bucket full of xenia and I appreciated that he gave me some frags for it even though I had not asked for any frags, and they were very nice corals to!
      I had a friend who was already meeting him to pick up fish drop off the xenia and pick up the corals for me. So I dont think he's a bad guy or out to scam anyone. Just my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information