Hey everyone! I got two serpent/brittle starfish, both massive maybe about a foot around, I just got them free with a purchase of a rock from craigslist! I have one myself that is black and I was thinking of adding these to my tank but Im not sure what is going on with one of them! anyone know if it is injured or maybe just really hungry or looking for better water? Its whole cap on top of its brain seems to be missing or flipped back exposing its "brain" maybe? Im not sure, he keeps moving his legs across the top almost like he is cleaning it.

I just am curious if it is a sickness or if its from attack from the other starfish (also pictured) they were in the same larger tank but were put together in a smaller container for the last few days till I purchased them!

Also want to note that they were in a garage so it could be a product of heat?

Another question I have is what is going on with its feelers on its tentacles? It looks like they are swollen or maybe just growing? they look almost like bubble algae sized but they are the feeler color!

the other one seems to be more healthy, its also a bit smaller and its feelers all look regular, so maybe its just the younger and stronger one that was bullying the other for space?

I dont know much about these and Im going to study up now, anyone know if they are social or not?

Final question would be if anyone has a safe QT they would want to put the larger one in to see if it heals? If you guys think it isnt a good idea to add a second to the tank the other one will be PIF (love a frag trade) to someone who doesnt have one in their tank already!

Heres a bunch of pictures depicting the larger ones state.
another of it using its leg, feeling inside of its head
one of its leg with the strange bulbs.
and one of the second one that seems healthy!

Thanks ahead of time for any info or options for good homes for these giants.

PS both ate a small piece of krill and have been moving around the hour Ive had them!