• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Refurbished frag tank

imustbenuts is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Refurbished frag tank

So I have a new tank and wanted to quarantine any new live stock. I set up a quarantine tank for the fish but wanted to quarantine the coral as well. I found a frag tank for sale here in the equipment for sale forum. I am a little disappointed with the seller. When looking at the tank I asked if it leaked and he said no and then said there were no scratches.

As you can see, it was highly unlikely there were no scratches. I've been in this hobby since 2004. I would like to think we are a small community of hobbyist that wouldn't take advantage of each other. I guess reality is buyer beware.

I do have some acrylic experience and took the chance I could repair the damage. Here are my results.

It took a week of work. Chipping the old glue away and sanding, prepping, solvent welding and polishing. I am happy with the results. All chambers are water tight and I am looking forward to putting the tank in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

Great work

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jessegarcia28 View Post
      Great work

Thanks Jesse!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Attention mods, looks like I might have posted in an inappropriate forum. Please move this thread to a more appropriate forum. Thank you!

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

That turned out very nice. Its a bummer there are people out there doing that to people.

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

Nice restoration, looks like it took alot of elbow grease, came out great

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by OhioStreetz View Post
      That turned out very nice. Its a bummer there are people out there doing that to people.
      Yep I think so too. Thanks

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Drama D View Post
      Nice restoration, looks like it took alot of elbow grease, came out great
      Thank you. A little time consuming but not too bad.

gtaran02 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by imustbenuts View Post
      Thank you. A little time consuming but not too bad.
      Hello I am the seller you are referring to, I would never lie in order to sell something. (That's the way I was raised, and it's part of what I do for a living,honesty) Yes you asked me if it was scratched and me being inexperienced with acrylic said no but explained to you that it was dirty and it had been repaired before.

I would like to give you your money back, you can keep the tank I can careless about it. Reputation and respect is more important.

After looking at the frag tank i can see the scratches but it isn't right for you to judge me over one transaction. Specially when you made me a lower offer once you came to pick up the fish tank, like I said I can careless about the money if you want it you can contact me you have my number instead of posting on these forums.
      Thank you

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by gtaran02 View Post
      Hello I am the seller you are referring to, I would never lie in order to sell something. (That's the way I was raised, and it's part of what I do for a living,honesty) Yes you asked me if it was scratched and me being inexperienced with acrylic said no but explained to you that it was dirty and it had been repaired before.

I would like to give you your money back, you can keep the tank I can careless about it. Reputation and respect is more important.

After looking at the frag tank i can see the scratches but it isn't right for you to judge me over one transaction. Specially when you made me a lower offer once you came to pick up the fish tank, like I said I can careless about the money if you want it you can contact me you have my number instead of posting on these forums.
      Thank you

I've delt with gtaran a couple of times already and in my experience all bueno. He hooked me up with some pieces I needed for my tank at no cost and offered to help with my Radion light set up.

Squid is offline Registered User
      My status is: Make like a cake

I am:
      Hungry

Thank you

Respectful and admirable rebuttal, good on you sir. Either way good hookup and the tank looks nice and ready for action. Can't wait to see whats gonna be cookin in this lil bih

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you

Thanks for the offer but not necessary. I offered you a price based on what I saw. I knew I'd have some work and took a chance I'd be able to get it fixed up and ready for service. I may have misinterpreted your intentions when I saw you post a couple days later asking if another frag tank was still available, I kind of took that as you knew there were issues with yours. If so, I apologize.

The bottom line is I was able to repair the baffles and sand and polish the scratches out. Hell, acrylic tanks scratch just by looking at them wrong. The tank turned out great!

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

Life is messy, and rarely do things get settled so civilly when deals turn messy.

Nice acrylic & reputation(s) repairs��

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information