• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with Livinlocal- Buy with caution!!!

inurmind is offline Registered User
      My status is: playing w/matches &
      putting out fires

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Bad dealings with Livinlocal- Buy with caution!!!

It all started with this (click) then I threw out a warning out here (click again)

Just so there's no false pretense here and for everyone to see how things went down, here are the cliffnotes leading up to this, the rock went up several months ago and there was a fair amount of interest on the rhodactis mushrooms (myself included). I offered to help him make some trimmings by letting him use some of my equipment, but (even though the rock only had softies) he said he didn't want to stress out the corals by moving it. So when I saw that a buddy wanted the sinularia (or nepthea -potato/potato) I reached out and we decided to go halves (neither wanted the xenia though). I told Livinlocal the plan with the rock and that I'd pick up the whole thing. When he finally got back to me he said he'd just removed his other sinularia so he decided to keep said piece, I told him that was fine but to LMK if he changed his mind. Weeks later he got at me and said he wanted to sell it again, so I reached out to the other reefer who was still down, and shortly there after picked up the rock. When I picked it up I saw it as a large rock with xenia, a large piece of sinularia and some mushrooms (I did not inspect or count said mushrooms as I trusted that what he said/posted was correct).

I picked up the rock, went straight to the other reefers house, chipped off the sinularia and went home to discover there were only 6 mushrooms on the whole piece (5 on the rock and 1 that we chipped off from the chunk that came off with the sinularia). I texted Livinlocal pics and told him my findings and offered for him to come over and see my tanks and what was left of the rock so he could tell I wasn't trying to get one over on him.

There was a lot of back and forth to no real resolution and at a certain point I chalked it up to having paid more than expected on some shrooms and was tired and ready to just walk away, but then I saw that he was selling the same rhodas on other pieces so I messaged this
      Quote Originally Posted by inurmind
      You keep saying I should have checked the rock before leaving your house, but you posted there was 10+ in the op. Sure I guess my bad for trusting your word but bad form on posting not the actual amount of shrooms and misleading myself and everyone else.

I just saw you also posted that you have 30 more mushrooms on another rock... I don't understand why when I told you that there was less than you posted, why you didn't offer to make it right by giving me another shroom or two from your other stash???

I've never dealt with someone that had such a painless solution to a problem but still dragged things out.
      This is his response almost a month later:
      Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal
      Your response is comical, are you really that naīve? Yes I have 30 more of the exact same mushrooms, but does that mean I'm going to take that rock out of my display and cut them up for you? No, I offered you a refund, and that's all you'll get. I'm not going to accommodate you because you are looking to get more from me and to make a dollar off of me. I was nice enough to offer a full refund even though you already cut the mushrooms off the rock, and you declined. You bought a combination right, you did not buy a rock that had 10 mushrooms on it. You bought a rock that had a bunch of different corals on it that could not easily be numbered. Anyways I am done going back-and-forth with you, like I said, I offered you a full refund and you declined. Suit yourself.
      1. You knew and agreed to us splitting the piece from the start, not exactly trying to "make a dollar"
      2. You keep tossing around "refund" when you know that wasn't a feasible and fair option, nor did I ever "decline".
      3. "You did not buy a rock that had 10 mushrooms on it... You bought a rock that had a bunch of different corals on it that could not easily be numbered.".?!????????:
      Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal View Post
      I'm just trying to clear some room in my tank so I'm seeing if there is any interest in this rock. It has a huge neon green sinularia, pulsing Xenia, and 10+ of these cool mushrooms that are 2"
      Quote Originally Posted by Livinlocal
      Quote Originally Posted by inurmind
      So you think there's 10+ of those rhodas on there?
      Yes, And there might even be more than 10.

At the end of the day I just wanted what I paid for and nothing else (also never asked for any "sps" and Idk where he keeps getting that from) but moreover this was teetering on bait-and-switch! You can sit there and act all high and mighty and call me "childish" and toss around the phrase "refund" all you want but that doesn't change a thing. You posted something that was not true and did not stand by your sale (also quite a coincidence I hear he was selling those same shrooms shortly after all this). I am done with this headache and will never deal with this guy again.

I've been on here for years and in that time I've bought corals from many of you and I've sold corals to many of you, but I have never had such foul dealings like this. I do indeed feel like it's my responsibility to try and make sure he doesn't scam another fellow sdr member. The fact is that the reefers on the forum deserve better than this and I hope this gets read by all.

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Bummer man, sorry to hear. I have some shrooms like that. I could try and get a couple off the rocks for you if you wanted.

inurmind is offline Registered User
      My status is: playing w/matches &
      putting out fires

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Good looking out Ray, I appreciate that. It's not even really about the corals anymore, it's the principle of the matter and how one holds themselves to be accountable of their actions

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Is this real life? Why don't you go ahead and post all of the text messages you sent me, how you were being extremely rude and then we will see who was in the wrong. I offered you all of your money back, even though you already cut the corals of the rock and sold some to someone else.You would have gotten 100% of your money back for a rock that was already cut up and had corals taken off of. You are acting like a little kid, the only reason you did not except the money was because you wanted more coral from me. The reason you got that message a month later, was because I haven't even been on this site in a month. Post the screenshots of our text messages, and then be honest about how you came at me after you found out there wasnt as many mushrooms on the rock. I was straight up the whole time, and even offered to compensate you with more coral until you started being rude and demanding. At that point, I knew we would not reach an agreement, so I offered you all of your money back. you say that you never declined the refund, yet why don't you post up the text messages of you telling me it's not worth your time and that you wanted more mushrooms? You are a joke, post the text messages, until then you could go ahead and pick and choose which messages I sent you, but what's funny every single message still has me telling you I will give you all of your money back.
      Last edited by Livinlocal; 05-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Post the text messages, or I will.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

And it's funny how you want to make me seem like I'm a bad person, and say stuff like it's the principle of the matter and how one holds himself to be accountable for their actions. I told you from the get-go it was an honest mistake, and I offered you 100% of your money back. I could have told you to kick rocks, but I didn't. I offered you your money back, which should be the most definite solution to you being unhappy.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

And you want to try and scold me on proper etiquette, yet you are spamming my for sale post pretty much telling people not to buy my stuff and going out of your way to make it harder for me to sell my coral. Yet I haven't spammed any of your posts. Grow up, you are seriously acting like a little kid that didn't get a lollipop when they wanted one.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Anybody and everybody that knows me, it would be great if you could chime in and explain your experiences with me. I have always given really good deals and most of the time everybody leaves with something for free, this has been the only time I have had somebody unhappy and not able to make happy. I have several people from this forum texting me laughing about this whole scenario

PeaceAndFish is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hate to hop in and I hope it doesn't backfire (I really like buying things off of all the awesome members on here) but we're gonna need some texts. So far it doesn't seem like Livinlocal is in the wrong but I'm sure there's more to the story. Time to play jury! Lol

djuiceem619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Somewhere looking for Coral

I am:
      Awesome

Livin local is cool. I doubt he would ever deliberately short someone. Every time I buy corals from him I get an amazing hook up, and sometimes he even throws extra corals in.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you guys, I'm waiting for him to post the screenshots of the text messages before I get into this any further. I am way too busy to be dealing with this nonsense LOL, but if he wants to try and run my name I have to defend myself.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...SPS&highlight=

And in my for sale thread that you see above, he decided it would be a good idea to harass me and spam my for sale thread instead of having the proper etiquette of posting a member review. Also, if you look at the bottom of my original post you will see a combination rock that I am selling for $1000. This is the rock he wanted me to cut the mushrooms off of to compensate him with, there's no way I'm cutting up a rock that is worth 10 times more than what he purchased, when I offered a full refund.

I will ask again, what do you want to make you happy? That 100% cashback offer still stands

Redryder87 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

+1 for livinlocal. Always hooks me up. The refund sounds like a way better deal than a couple dumbass shrooms. All this over 4 shrooms? Its always been a pleasure doing business with livinlocal and it's hard to believe he deliberately shorted you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redryder87 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You really started this huge **** talking thread over 4 cheap ass shrooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you, and yes all over 4 mushrooms LOL.

Closed Thread

Thread Information