• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who says Water Filtration has to be ugly?

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

It' beautiful and dolphin safe.

You've got me thinking all nostalgic about the sweet taste of beer canned in easy to carry 6-pack plastic rings, empties tossed into the back seat-not for recycling.

MadMax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cshplumber View Post
      It doesn't look like there is enough of a gap below the canisters to unscrew them or even fit the wrench in.
      The canisters tapper inward, so there is plenty of space for the filter wrench (I too had to use one to load the prefilters) At the very top, however, the canister ever-so-lightly touch each other....this on purpose to provide stability and strength in the unit by robbing it of the flex that is normally there. Stainless steel nipples connect them instead of typical plastic fittings. You can literally pick up this unit by the canisters with no problems. Stainless steel screws also attach the tops to the 1/2' decking

cshplumber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I figured as much cuz everything looked so clean, heavy duty and well thought out but I couldn't tell by the angle of the pics. I know we've all got to the final step of the instructions (yeah, sometimes I read the instructions) and had a Home Simpson "DOH!" moment.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cshplumber View Post
      I figured as much cuz everything looked so clean, heavy duty and well thought out but I couldn't tell by the angle of the pics. I know we've all got to the final step of the instructions (yeah, sometimes I read the instructions) and had a Home Simpson "DOH!" moment.
      there is of course a fallacy to my designs......yes well-built but WAY inefficient in terms of cost. As I am NOT an engineer, not a carpenter, amd not a plumber, etc. I tend to overbuild as a crutch (compensation for lack of expertise) If 2 nails were sufficient, I'd drive 9......if plastic parts were sufficiently strong enough, I'd insist on stainless steel....anywhere a normal person might use superglue I'd reach for two-part epoxy. LOL

cshplumber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I know what you mean. My son & I built a dog house from scratch. It weighs about 200lbs!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

My New Theme : )

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Well, moving on to other projects.....
      If anyone is interested, I'll sell this unit (all brand new components, including filters and 100 gpd membrane)
      for $400 shipped anywhere in the US

(to also include: additional filters, additional DI resin, Float valve, Filter wrench, 10' water line)
      Note that this is a drinking water AND DI water hybrid unit. There is a "T" just before the DI stage for RO-only applications.
      This is also a one-off creation, built with 1/2" acrylic upper and lower deckings (milled) and 1" acrylic rod supports (drilled/tapped)
      Lift handles, casters, and acrylic membrane shroud. All metal hardware is stainless steel (every screw, washer, nut, nipple, etc.)
      I haven't added everything up precisely but I estimate materials alone cost around $500, not including time and labor to build.

$400 shipped
      Kevin Adams
      quidproquo820@aol.com

Closed Thread

Thread Information