• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Gotta question? Ask away!

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

Gotta question? Ask away!

I was just thinking about reefing, i've been off the boards for awhile and don't know anyone here likely.

I've been reefing almost continuously in socal since 94. That is scary. What i was thinking about though, is how amazed i am that my two current systems have been running for as long as they have relatively trouble free (knock on wood). I've been ignoring the tanks mostly, just letting em grow while i feed, change filter socks and skimmer cups. Water change every month or so, small ones. Yet the sps tank grows and so does the lps and zoa tank.

I've had every pest there is i think. But the more experience you get the easier becomes the labor. Adopt a routine and stick with it. If things grow then things are good. I rarely test anymore. I don't advise that but it's just laziness and some faith in the foundation of existing routine.

Many ways to achieve success. Newbies ask any questions and me or others can answer if we're on. It's alot easier nowadays and san diego has a rare reef keeping profile. Probably lowest cost place to do this nationwide and sdr is a great place to buy sell and trade. Low barrier of entry i'd say other than informational. Good luck newbies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by naso tang; 04-22-2017 at 07:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information