• Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else offended about Sdweeds.com on the site

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Is anyone else offended about Sdweeds.com on the site

I might be a little old school having served the country in the military and law enforcement and I know that marijuana is a border line legal drug as the state and feds hold different positions over its use. I know many people smoke as well but do we need to allow them to advertise on our site for a few bucks?

If that is the case, I will be closing my account. I don't have a problem with people smoking but have figured it’s a private matter versus open to the public. Now I get to enjoy the prescription bags and bottles littering the edge of the park or even Lowe's parking lot as I pick up supplies over the same drug we were at war with the cartels over. I can’t even have a beer in public in most places yet smoking marijuana most anywhere carries virtually no issue at all.

I guess the site can comment as needed on this issue and I hope despite our disagreement over the issue can respect one another's thoughts.

spidernano is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Times have changed got to just go with the flow

goof89 is offline Registered User
      My status is: HANGING LOOSE

I am:
      Piratey

...Specially if you live in Cali.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DonJuan760 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Woot Woot

I am:
      Awesome

I'm 35 and have been smoking weed since I was about 16. I do Agree is is quite Tacky and not cool when I'm checking this at work and there is a big ol SD WEEDS ad right on the front page.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

I would not use the word offended to describe it, but yeah, just weird, and I'm pretty much on the same page as you and most of your comments, could care less what people do privately but I do feel it promotes a message that is not positive on a site that has young people observing.

Of course this site has a lot less activity in helping to learn or teach about our hobby and has kinda gone this way it seems, and the reason why I no longer am a paying member, it's just become kinda a CL for SW stuff and chat forum for a handful of people, and once in a blue moon an actual reef topic is discussed, but yeah, the ad is a weird thing to see on here, and it's gotta be weird for people checking into the site seeing what reefing in San Diego is all about...

PatientZero is online now Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I agree it's a little tacky, but throwing a tantrum over it is childish. I'm much more concerned about cigarette butts being littered, I almost never see medicinal containers thrown on the ground.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen goodbye!

goof89 is offline Registered User
      My status is: HANGING LOOSE

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by PatientZero View Post
      I agree it's a little tacky, but throwing a tantrum over it is childish. I'm much more concerned about cigarette butts being littered, I almost never see medicinal containers thrown on the ground.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen goodbye!
      Bye Felicia lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

drainbamage is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I see no reason to decline their sponsorship patronage- and frankly your "if you don't make me happy then I'm leaving" tends to have me disinclined to support your goal of shoving your politics onto others. That's my $0.02 (btw, I've been offered MJ by more active duty than civilians throughout my life, San Diego being a military town is probably a major reason we have such a community of MJ users in town.)

FDdragon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

I think it's fine as long as it's not a big banner on the front page.

When i open the site, thats the first thing that catches my eye....not fish stuff. Put it in the Lounge or somewhere where it doesnt make the site look like we are a forum about marijuana.
      Last edited by FDdragon; 04-21-2017 at 11:09 AM.

brandon0350 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
      I might be a little old school having served the country in the military and law enforcement and I know that marijuana is a border line legal drug as the state and feds hold different positions over its use. I know many people smoke as well but do we need to allow them to advertise on our site for a few bucks?

If that is the case, I will be closing my account. I don't have a problem with people smoking but have figured it’s a private matter versus open to the public. Now I get to enjoy the prescription bags and bottles littering the edge of the park or even Lowe's parking lot as I pick up supplies over the same drug we were at war with the cartels over. I can’t even have a beer in public in most places yet smoking marijuana most anywhere carries virtually no issue at all.

I guess the site can comment as needed on this issue and I hope despite our disagreement over the issue can respect one another's thoughts.
      As a supporter of Cannabis and someone who has had my medical card to help my PTSD for over two years, I am in agreement. The banner is tasteless and will limit the use of the site while at work and around family/ children. Something with less of the typical stoner stereotype might be acceptable. As far as prescription canisters and bags being littered, I've picked up and disposed of plenty I've found laying around.

jkennedy1007 is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Reefer

I am:
      Hungry

take it down!

and that's coming from me! lolzy
      Last edited by jkennedy1007; 04-21-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Finn450 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The banner is remedial...let's grow up

Squid is offline Registered User
      My status is: Make like a cake

I am:
      Hungry

Treat it like alcohol, the end.

djuiceem619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Somewhere looking for Coral

I am:
      Awesome

This is not a place to complain about political topics. Marijuana is legal in the state of California for recreational purposes now. So a banner advertising something legal should not be an issue.

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by djuiceem619 View Post
      This is not a place to complain about political topics. Marijuana is legal in the state of California for recreational purposes now. So a banner advertising something legal should not be an issue.
      Basic law is that federal law is above state law so I cant accept that as an answer. As I said all of this is about common decency and respect and the proper place for things. While I clearly mentioned I respect someone's choice to smoke much as I drink beer, but all in the proper place. As for the trash it is generating that may be a large part of my complaint to look at this throughout Lowes or the side of my house in Rancho San Diego. You may be as liberal as you choose but still should have some common decency for one another. I am not sure if you can legally advertise tobacco smoking anymore and I smoke cigars on occasion but understand that they did not want that advertisement on tv so this seems similar in my eyes. The state recently passed more taxes against smoking to convince more to quit smoking so the idea of promoting another form of smoking is odd at best.
      Last edited by knightnsd; 04-21-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information