• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Sad sad day... moving to Arizona

Livinlocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Unhappy Sad sad day... moving to Arizona

I wouldn't really say it's a sad day, I am looking forward to moving to Arizona and what it will hold for my career and family. The sad part is I don't think I want to take the risk of transporting all of my coral and fish. I am at the crossroads between either selling everything, or figuring out a way to transport it all to Phoenix, which I think will be extremely hard. I will not be getting out of the hobby, I will be setting up a tank as soon as I get to Phoenix but I'm not sure if I want to keep my set up now and sell all of the livestock, or just sell everything and start from scratch when I get to Phoenix. I would definitely keep a couple small things, but I have way too much stuff. Have any of you done any big moves like this?

Twiegs is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I moved a 40 Breeder from Phoenix to here. Everything survived. Lived in Phoenix for 25 years. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Also, great reef group on Reef Central in Phoenix called FRAG.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That's good to hear, because I really don't want to get rid of anything LOL. I'm sure I will have to downsize some of my livestock, but I would love to take everything the only problem is I have a 180 gallon display. I was thinking about getting some really big containers and putting them in the bed of my truck with air pumps and heaters, while I drive through the night. I have a full-size diesel so I have the room, and I have a trailer as well. Are there any reef shops out in Phoenix? I was also thinking about contacting a shop to see if I could bring all of my life stock and put them inside of their tanks to hold for a few weeks while I set up my display.

Atkinsmn is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That's too bad but not that bad. I hope to join you in the next year to year and half. Call me if you want to know how I do it. Moved from Yuma to Phoenix with it. Moved from Phoenix to Fort Worth with it and Fort Worth to San Diego with it. And I'm going to move from here to Phoenix with my stuff. It's a pain but if it's only a day or two it's really easy, 3 or 4 days becomes a lot harder. Let me know and I'll give you my advise.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I don't think I have your phone number anymore, I broke my last phone and got a replacement. I plan on doing everything overnight, the only thing that may take some time is setting up the display at my new house. I will end up having both houses for a month so I'm thinking that it might be a good idea for me to pre-make salt water and have a holding tank ready at the new house, and then just put everything inside the holding tank when I get there while I set up my display at the new house. If you could send me your number, I can give you a call tomorrow, it would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about bagging every single Coral with oxygen just like how they do it when you order online, and then putting all of the Baggys inside of some sort of bigger container that has water in it as well with a heater or something like that.

seaArt is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Dam congratulations on furthering ur career. It will be a big move but u won't regret taking that nice tank with u.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Lots of people seem to be going to AZ or elsewhere lately, and many move that far and take their critters.
      I would set up brutes or an RK bin to hold livestock, and either travel w/ them or have someone ship to you.
      I just had a very large box of water shipped to my place, and instead of doing fed ex to door, we did straight to airport, it's much much cheaper, an option, and that way all ya gotta do is travel your rock, and that is easy, just keep moist.
      I bet the reefing community is probably stronger there than here, I'd check RC's list for local area clubs in that area, they have a section for that at very bottom.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information