• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghl doser connection

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

Ghl doser connection

I need some help. I have a GHL 2.1 SA doser that I am trying to program, before doing so I need to download the software Ghl control center. I have tried but, i have a Mac desktop. system requirements:
      Vista, win7, win8, win 8.1
      usb port
      I have tried to download the software but my mac is unable to open it. Can anyone help me out here. I do not have another computer. Is there some kind of software I can download that will allow me to run windows apps on my mac?

Philip271 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Best bet is to contact Vinny at GHL:

Vinny Altamirano
      Sales Manager
      GHL USA LLC
      Office: (203) 871-1194
      vinny.altamirano@ghlusa.com
      Visit us online: www.ghlusa.com

Good luck!

cyclist is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Your lucky. I've been trying to get my hands on a 4 pump GHL, for over two weeks now. No one has them.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
      Your lucky. I've been trying to get my hands on a 4 pump GHL, for over two weeks now. No one has them.
      I got mine at aquarium specialty

I am:
      Piratey

I think I may have to. thanks for the contact info.

I was able to install parallels and then download Windows 8.1 pro. I got windows 8 up and running on the Mac. Then I downloaded the software from ghl. I opened it up and plugged in my doser and then connected to my computer via USB cable. The program did not recognize my device so i then went to add new device and connect and could not get the program to recognize my doser. I went into device management and located USB drive, still not recognized. I tried adding.new device and still over and over, I could not get the program to recognize the doser. I messed with it for over 4 hours before calling it quits. I'm thinking that it has something to do with parallels program not being able to recognize the device. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to use boot camp to download windows 8 directly onto the mac desktop and if that works, download ghl software again and try and connect my doser again.
      Here are some screen shots of the progress I made only to be shut down when trying to actually connect the device. I'm almost positive it has something to do with the parallels app.

I am:
      Piratey

Bump it back ttt. I ended up getting a cheap laptop that has windows. I have registered the doser and downloaded the control center software. I have been able to connect my doser to the computer. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to connect it to my phone using the ghl app. The app has a blank page with add a device tab, I click on it and it ask for name and host, I type in the name, then I can do nothing under host. I feel retarded, what am I doing wrong? App won't find my device, keeps asking for name and host

sushi is offline Registered User
      My status is: pee in tank

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Drama D View Post
      Bump it back ttt. I ended up getting a cheap laptop that has windows. I have registered the doser and downloaded the control center software. I have been able to connect my doser to the computer. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to connect it to my phone using the ghl app. The app has a blank page with add a device tab, I click on it and it ask for name and host, I type in the name, then I can do nothing under host. I feel retarded, what am I doing wrong? App won't find my device, keeps asking for name and host
      This is the first time I saw this thread but reading through it I thought the best bet would be to look for some crappy old laptop on craigslist. I am glad that part worked out.

For connecting on your phone, this might sound dumb, but are your phone and the doser on the same network and your phone is connected via wifi? Then it should be able to "see" the doser on the network, just a thought.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
      This is the first time I saw this thread but reading through it I thought the best bet would be to look for some crappy old laptop on craigslist. I am glad that part worked out.

For connecting on your phone, this might sound dumb, but are your phone and the doser on the same network and your phone is connected via wifi? Then it should be able to "see" the doser on the network, just a thought.
      both are on the same wifi network, unsure how to get the phone app to recognize doser. Keeps asking for name and host

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Drama D View Post
      both are on the same wifi network, unsure how to get the phone app to recognize doser. Keeps asking for name and host
      But it won't let you type the host in? I dunno, I have no further suggestions. Hopefully someone here has one and they know how to do it...

I am:
      Piratey

Found a link on r2r explaining wifi connectivity and wifi connection using app. I figured it out. Turns out the host name that wouldn't let me do anything didn't have to have the cursor on the end of existing iP addy and or be highlighted to change. Just start typing in the iP address you created for the doser under host and it should erase existing example being replaced by the one you type in and connect to your device.
      Now I'm working on the dosing program/schedule via app.
      Thanks for trying to help

I am:
      Set you mood here...

It works!!!! Now you can have a happy new year

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information