• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RODI/AWC plumbing help

goody is offline Registered User
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

RODI/AWC plumbing help

I'm starting to get some things going for my comeback. Black Friday skimmer purchase arrived the other day, buying Danny's (Jada) doser and APEX. Working with Trent on stand design and hopefully can have him begin building tank and stand soon.

I was hoping to have an AWC system or water mixing station on this tank which is new to me, and I'm not sure I can set one up.

My utility sink and washer/dryer are upstairs on 2ndfloor on opposite side of house. Water heater is in big garage, not where I'm planning on having equipment. I do have some plumbing inside garage I'm putting equipment in, but no drains. Any ideas on how/where I can setup Rodi filters for water supply for an AWC system/ mixing station?

First photo is garage I an planning to keep equipment in. Those orange pipes are fire sprinklers, so not to be used. second photo is water heater in other garage, but probably to far to run rodi lines??

Last edited by goody; 12-03-2016 at 03:11 PM.
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

jada1 is offline SDMAS STAFF
      My status is: chill

I am:
      Crazy

If you doing it in the garage there should be something u can tap into.if you're looking for an Rodi I got one going up for sale. Never used only to test
      My build in progress
      125gallon Leemar rimless 48x30x20 starphire, 48 Ati Hybrid, Ghl /Apex dos, powered by an Apex, ecotech, tunze for flow,
      Custom sump made by me.
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...ew-Beginning.-.

cshplumber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Stay out of that fire sprinkler cabinet.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cshplumber View Post
      For sure. But what about below where pressure regulator is, Isn't that the main line to house?
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

Briandb73 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I second that. It would be very easy to use the cold flush connection below the water heater. It's just a garden hose type connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
      For sure. But what about below where pressure regulator is, Isn't that the main line to house?
      Yes. That is water supply for house. You just need a hose bib or angle stop added to pipe above regulator. As for drains, you're SOL for easily adding a drain to municipal sewer but you can run a drain from R/O unit to outside flower bed of something. Maybe even to an area drain if there are any outside that wall.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yes. That is water supply for house. You just need a hose bib or angle stop added to pipe above regulator. As for drains, you're SOL for easily adding a drain to municipal sewer but you can run a drain from R/O unit to outside flower bed of something. Maybe even to an area drain if there are any outside that wall.
      I will take a look outside to see if there are some drains nearby.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Briandb73 View Post
      I second that. It would be very easy to use the cold flush connection below the water heater. It's just a garden hose type connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I will have to see what kind of run the tubing would take to get to the other garage.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hoping to get my build going soon but having A water changing station or at least a decent setup to store or mix water is a must this time around. Well I moved some boxes and found a drain I believe, so I might be able to have it all setup in my garage where I plan on having sump and all equipment. Thoughts? Do you think I can have A plumber tap a rodi system into the main waterline in photo above and use this drain?

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/goo...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/goo...tml?sort=3&o=0

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That's a mainline cleanout. You could drain anything down it but you're gonna want to keep it accessible. You could still run a drain to it, just don't plan anything permanent. I would screw into that hub so you can just unscrew it and go back to original if needed.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That's a mainline cleanout. You could drain anything down it but you're gonna want to keep it accessible. You could still run a drain to it, just don't plan anything permanent. I would screw into that hub so you can just unscrew it and go back to original if needed.
      Great news! Do you think I would need a utilitY-sink to have hoses/ pipes draining into first? What would it cost to have a plumber tap into that mainline like you said in earlier post?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Are you planning on just running a pipe to it that you have to step over or are you gonna cut into the floor? Drain won't really be legal as per CA code cuz it won't be vented out through the roof but it will still work.

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: Out of the tank-Fragophilic

I am:
      Happy

If you have a bathroom inside the house against the garage wall it might have the drain pipe (already vented) that you could join into from the garage? I'm not certain about fire code restrictions and attaching a sink, but that would be the ticket if you want to add a drain & maybe also water as the hot and cold supply are usually on either side of the vented drain pipe.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

No bathroom on other side of garage wall.

My thought on sink was not for water use as in faucet (hot/cold) but more for a basin to drain water into before going into that mainline cleanout. if that makes sense. Don't want to cut into floor but I thought having a utility sink over that cleanout would make it look better than just a pipe. I just need to use that drain for rodi wastewater and for water changes I think

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: Out of the tank-Fragophilic

I am:
      Happy

That would make sense, kind of a utility fixture and a place where you could put a trap to prevent some of the gas migration from the sewer. Add an under sink island vent and it would function well and almost make "code."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information