• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MACNA 2016 San Diego Recap

Bob3655 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Thank You!

I just want to thank everyone that had any part in helping bring MACNA to San Diego, all the speakers, volunteers, planners, and anyone else involved in any way. It was my first MACNA and I had an absolutely incredible time. The banquet was an absolute blast, I havent laughed that hard in a loooong time. This event has completely submerged me completely back into the hobby after a hiatus of about a year. Seeing all the new products, talking with everyone, meeting new people and seeing old friends, everything about it was a very welcome experience and I feel extremely proud to have been able to participate in this event. Thank you so much to everyone involved

crabbysd is offline Registered User
      My status is: Damp to the armpit

I am:
      Geeky

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I had a really amazing time.

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...t-MACNA!/page2

Octoman4 is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

Nice job everyone, glad it went smooth. Im very disappointed I didnt get to make the event (9 month pregnant wife said no) It was fun packing the gift bags though! Lol
      120 gallon. I throw money at it, and it grows colorful sticks.

hydrahawk is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

First of all, thank you for those who helped made MACNA possible in SD! Any many thanks to anyone who helped at the show. First time at MACNA (was planning on going to DC last year but the wife pulled an audible), had a blast!!!!!! Took advantage to sit in many speakers in the 3 short days. Almost won the Fiji raffle! (different order of numbers). Met up with my fellow reefers in SD. I really hope to see you in New Oreleans next year; already bought my tickets! Just hope there are no hurricanes at MACNA 2017.

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by hydrahawk View Post
      First of all, thank you for those who helped made MACNA possible in SD! Any many thanks to anyone who helped at the show. First time at MACNA (was planning on going to DC last year but the wife pulled an audible), had a blast!!!!!! Took advantage to sit in many speakers in the 3 short days. Almost won the Fiji raffle! (different order of numbers). Met up with my fellow reefers in SD. I really hope to see you in New Oreleans next year; already bought my tickets! Just hope there are no hurricanes at MACNA 2017.
      Oh, we will have hurricane's....just the drink format
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

Rudyg308 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeah I agree. Thank you so much guys for setting this up for us. I had the best time with all of the guys I hung out with. Friday night was awesome and Saturday was also great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDnewbie is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I agree with all of the positive comments about MACNA. It was a GREAT event! There was certainly a lot of planning that went into those fantastic three days.
      Thanks especially to Dave (and Hanna), Jeff, Jessie and Cassandra. They worked so hard and it really paid off. I really enjoyed talking to the reps about their products.
      I learned lots of wonderful info. The speakers were good. I was told that BRS recorded every speaker and they will have them on-line. This was my first MACNA.
      Hopefully it won't be my last. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

specvjeff is offline SDMAS President/SDR Mod
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

It's great to hear that so many of you had such a good time. We definitely worked hard to bring MACNA to San Diego and even harder to insure it was a great event.

As Marlin mentioned, if we wanted to bring MACNA to San Diego, the Town and Country was our only option. While we could have used the convention center, the lowest rate we received from any hotel within walking distance was $220. There's no way we could have even bid with this rate. Sometimes you have to accept that not every aspect of an event can be perfect especially when we live in a city that has a 97% occupancy rate after Labor Day. The occupancy rate before Labor Day is 99.7%. So yeah, the hotels don't need to play ball with us.

Looking back after a week has gone by since the event began, I'm very proud of what we accomplished. A huge thank you to Dave Morris, Jessica Timko, Marlin Plank, Larry Blighton, Mazzie Vonroy, Brian Badillo, Ron Luong, John, Marlon, Hannah and last but not least, my wife. She not only volunteered but put up with me being consumed by MACNA for 2 years.

See you guys around and hopefully in New Orleans in 2017!
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

MadMax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The SD team performed beautifully, thanks to all for a job well done.
      If there were any problems it certainly did not transition to the exhibit floor; everything seemed fluid and under control. We exhibitors were all very happy.
      Though the MAX show is a smaller event it is every bit as intense and nearly as difficult to organize each year....and I've been doing it single-handedly since that first one in 2008 (and RAP in 2007) Ten years ago, the hybrid consumer-trade show didn't yet exist in this industry. It is difficult to imagine how much time, effort, and hard-headed dedication was required for the endeavor. That being said, I 100% concur with Jeff's statement on the importance of having an understanding wife in this game. If not for Tammy's patience and understanding we would never have had a MAX show.
      Most people probably don't realize that it has been 16 years since California has had a MACNA event (the last one being MACNA X which was organized by Jim Stime and MASLA back in the day) My wishes would be to see a MACNA come to Northern California in the near future. San Francisco or Sacramento would be awesome locations, though now that I think about it, I guess San Francisco is out for finding affordable hotel rooms. Las Vegas is also an obvious favorite destination spot, so perhaps there first? Can't wait to see what happens.
      Again, great job Team San Diego!
      Last edited by MadMax; 09-17-2016 at 01:43 PM.

moon doggy1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

My wife and I had a great time at the show. Friday night was awesome and the banquet on Sat was also great. Thanks everyone for their involvement in making this a great show. PS I won a AI Prime I just got the email. Hoot Hoot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information