• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: No meeting tonight July 21st

stupidted is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

No meeting tonight July 21st

I'm sorry for the last minute update everybody. My schedule has been all over the place lately between family and work and I dropped the ball. I had planned to do a meeting about nitrate reduction and tools to use but will not be able to attend this meeting. We haven't posted anything mentioning the meeting but I wanted you all to know that there is no meeting. If you know of someone planning to go please inform them. I'll make it up to everyone next month.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

Deja-vu, or did I really read this somewhere else before?

Sorry your life is so busy Mike. Mine is too. We can't sweat this stuff.

I don't think the SDReefer's are going to storm your compound, except maybe to get some pods.

Til next time!

jetli1969 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Honey, stay away from my fish
      tank!

I am:
      Awesome

Whaaaat!

jetli1969 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Honey, stay away from my fish
      tank!

I am:
      Awesome

Cool, free MACNA tickets for everybody that come to the meeting next month?
      Quote Originally Posted by stupidted View Post
      i'm sorry for the last minute update everybody. My schedule has been all over the place lately between family and work and i dropped the ball. I had planned to do a meeting about nitrate reduction and tools to use but will not be able to attend this meeting. We haven't posted anything mentioning the meeting but i wanted you all to know that there is no meeting. If you know of someone planning to go please inform them. I'll make it up to everyone next month.

Mike

sent from my ipad using tapatalk
      Last edited by jetli1969; 07-21-2016 at 01:42 PM. Reason: N/A

Rudyg308 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Did anyone bother to cancel the reservation with Mimi's? .............am assuming not as this is a last minute post, they should have be extended the courtesy days prior to re-book room.. We had booked it out to July pending what the echelon wants to do for Aug meeting prior to MACNA.
      Last edited by reef56; 07-21-2016 at 05:16 PM.

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

I did not see this
      Shoot...
      😡😡😡

I am:
      Tired

Great meeting. I won the raffles, all of em

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by reef56 View Post
      Did anyone bother to cancel the reservation with Mimi's? .............am assuming not as this is a last minute post, they should have be extended the courtesy days prior to re-book room.. We had booked it out to July pending what the echelon wants to do for Aug meeting prior to MACNA.
      I called them and cancelled with them directly after making my posts. She was understanding and looking forward to the next time we have a meeting there. All is well with Mimi's .

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by jessegarcia28 View Post
      I did not see this
      Shoot...
      😡😡😡

My apologies if you drove out there. Hope to see you at the next one.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Putting these meetings together, acquiring a speaker, getting raffle prizes and all that is a pretty big task, especially if this is being done by one person.
      It seems from memory there used to be a lot more involvement from actual SDMAS members in putting these meetings together.
      It looks like lately this has been done by just fellow reefers donating their own personal time and energy on these meetings from what I can see.
      Thank you to Mike(Stupidted) Crabby, and Mike (Reef56) and anyone else I may have missed on picking up the pieces on this.
      The efforts of those donating their own personal time is greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure most others on here.
      Maybe after MACNA there might be a stronger effort put in by SDMAS members towards our meetings.

I hope you guys are compensated for all your time and energy towards all this, maybe some MACNA passes thrown your way or something? )wink nudge...)

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

When SDMAS had meetings virtually every month, usually at different people's homes, the success was from everybody putting in some effort. People would volunteer their home and the only thing that needed to be done was getting the word out. Meetings almost took care of themselves. Over the last couple years things have shifted away from that and more to a "where are you guys going to have the meeting so I can show up?" An organization like an aquarium club can not survive without everyone supporting it. That "support" can be as little as showing up to as much as volunteering your home for a meeting. Even with setting things up at Mimis it is a struggle to get people to show up and support the club with something as simple as participation. That is what makes the club a valuable asset to everyone in the reefing community. It can not be orgainzed by one or two people all the time. We all have family, work, etc. that often get in the way. If everything rests on one person's shoulders and something comes up that has to be handled, then the ball often gets dropped. There are a lot of people in our reefing community here in San Diego and unfortunately it seems to be very difficult to reach them all. The club can only get better with your suggestions and ideas. Bring them on.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

I like the idea of a home based meeting, it just seems not a lot of people may have a home that can accomidate a decent sized crowd.

I also like the idea of an LFS meeting, normally that benefits both reefer and host and we get to do a little shopping afterwards, and I know we have a freestanding invitation from a few LFS.

The last meeting I went to was at Mimi's, seemed to be a pretty good turnout, it is centrally located, seems to fit the bill ok.

I am:
      Tired

I concur that putting on a meeting is hard work. It takes a lot of time and effort to coordinate and get the community to respond and show up and participate.
      Thanks to those reefers who have carried the weight to serve our fragment of society.

Idea:

Maybe we should just have flash meetings, short notice, small groups, bring a frag and meet at ,>>.............? Just one phone number could coordinate and provide contact/communications for each event. Or maybe just a post on SDR?

nic33 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Why not have a sign up for members to coordinate each months meeting? Open up the next 8 months so people have plenty of time to plan and can choose the month best for them. Then those 8 hosts can meet and decide on topics/location amongst themselves and share resources/ideas. Heck, I am brand new but given 8 months and some help even I could put something together.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information