Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone with a stable sps system save this frag ! Please

Wrasse&reefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: Waiting for him to destroy the
      aiptasia now

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by crabbysd View Post
      so Im kinda baffeled as to how a week of overfeeding zapped your tank so hard man. that bites. this year the tank gods have truly tested me by zapping my skimmers, the talbot destrotying my dsb, my hob fuge dying on the 30g sps tank and puking dead macro crap into it and also I nuked my corraline in the dt with light shock etc etc. And I only lost 2 sps between them. one of those i actually still have a frag of that I cut and saved. Plus I manually dose (somtimes) and dont use gfo.

are you on led? it is possible your bud bumped the lights (and over fed)? with the gfo Im kinda suspicious the it stripped po outta the water too fast and the dosing changes were maybe too quick.

as an sps newb Im totally curious.

Heck I still cant figure out how I havent killed the sticks I got from Naso tang.
      That's too funny haha this isn't even the worst thing that happened to my tank this week... Was just completely cleaning out the sump and all equipment and I accidentally snapped the 3/4" threading on my bulkhead where the return pump goes back to the tank, started shooting water everywhere and leaking like crazy but I managed to drain my overflow so no more water crazily spilling from the bulkhead opening and I still have to find some place near me that actually sells bulk heads
      Last edited by Wrasse&reefs; 06-19-2016 at 10:00 PM.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Hey this year alone
      1.CATCHING PISTOL AND GOBY
      Didn't realize how long I left out my sps and rainbown monti.. 3 hrs later. There went easy $500-600 paid. But worth alot more after then he growth.

2.FISH
      Couple hundred worth
      Jumped insane tiniest gap
      Through the 1/4' screen netting
      Into the liter box next to the tank
      Starved from being attacked
      Etc. It sucks!

3. ZOAS WHITE FUNGUS
      Grabbed a frag from somewhere. 1st thing added in 4+months added it withing 36 hrs closed polyps escalated from 10%-95% few were strong enough to fight it I guess...in a weeks time while asking around *** it was and researching by time I realized what it was, it was too late lost my whole collection. $3K easy. Over 70 types of zoas and many Trips n to VANCES, CHRONZZE , .MAX,REEFAPALOOZA, AND LFS. ETC.

4.REFUGIUM
      Had crazy amount n of various macros doing great gave a w ay whenever anyone asked, one day crashed. Pissed n off stuff in tank and no longer have. Macros (thanks john for the refill chaeto).

5.JAWBREAKER BABY
      Today noticed one of my nicest baby jb went mia and all th at was leftnis n part n of the foot . I have a bunch of stupid superman that haven't developed their blue spots and other. Red type shrooms. That look soo damn close to the baby jb I have to catch every baby red shroom let them be under the light for a day open up inspect the texture and pray it is one of the very few I found loose on sandbed

6.REDBUGS
      Got a frag from somewhere week later. Noticed my garf .not extending polyps need to dose.

7.FLATWORMS -PLANARIA
      Flatworms a buddy didn't know he had them.it was dark dropped frag in macro tank in hurry then seen it by Time the frag fell 12 n inches into the water it was too late

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by CMD2213; 06-19-2016 at 08:46 PM.

crabbysd is offline Registered User
      My status is: Damp to the armpit

I am:
      Geeky

Holy Geez. That's why we love this hobby.

aiptasia now

I am:
      Cool

Wow CMD that's terrible red bugs and flatworms and the zoa fungus ! you're making me feel better with those horror stories good to know I'm not the only one with Constant bad luck... Oh yeah and guess who I found trapped in my drained overflow last night... My supermale acotts fairy wrasse I'm surprised the poor little guy wasn't dead he was laying sideways on the glass with barely enough water to cover his gill flaps tough little ******* was like that for an hour maybe more cause I didn't notice he was trapped in there till after I got the leak stopped on my bulkhead Anyways frag stn seems to have stopped I've been testing and dosing and checking again trying to get water affairs in order everything else n the tank is looking good

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Wrasse&reefs View Post
      Wow CMD that's terrible red bugs and flatworms and the zoa fungus ! you're making me feel better with those horror stories good to know I'm not the only one with Constant bad luck... Oh yeah and guess who I found trapped in my drained overflow last night... My supermale acotts fairy wrasse I'm surprised the poor little guy wasn't dead he was laying sideways on the glass with barely enough water to cover his gill flaps tough little ******* was like that for an hour maybe more cause I didn't notice he was trapped in there till after I got the leak stopped on my bulkhead Anyways frag stn seems to have stopped I've been testing and dosing and checking again trying to get water affairs in order everything else n the tank is looking good
      Yea I have gone through alot with my tank lately so far I'm still here, unless something else bad happens I'll stay in the hobby.
      Quote Originally Posted by crabbysd View Post
      Holy Geez. That's why we love this hobby.
      Yea It's a mental war zone in this hobby.

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

I can't think of any pest i haven't had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by naso tang View Post
      I can't think of any pest i haven't had...

Have you had zoa spiders? The one you don't want is the new black bugs...

I am:
      Piratey

It's always algae, or nems, or asterinas, or flatworms, or nudis...

I am:
      Piratey

Monti eating nudi and aefw being tied for the worst.

I am:
      Piratey

Imagine a package deal on tank setup where you stock with every possible natural defense mechanism built in....

aiptasia now

I am:
      Cool

I think I'll be here to stay regardless of the hiccups I've been encountering throughout this tanks journey, I enjoy a challenge though especially one such as rewarding as watching frags turn into colonies so y'all will be seeing much more of me in the near future when the aiptasia in my tank is eradicated by my filefish. Cause clean rock means only one thing. MORE SPACE FOR CORALS

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by naso tang View Post
      Imagine a package deal on tank setup where you stock with every possible natural defense mechanism built in....

I wish...
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrasse&reefs View Post
      I think I'll be here to stay regardless of the hiccups I've been encountering throughout this tanks journey, I enjoy a challenge though especially one such as rewarding as watching frags turn into colonies so y'all will be seeing much more of me in the near future when the aiptasia in my tank is eradicated by my filefish. Cause clean rock means only one thing. MORE SPACE FOR CORALS
      Don't get me wrong I love this hobby but with a kid mortage and bills plus another baby on the way if a loss occurs I have to think financially responsible for my family first. I pray my tank.stays good and no more losses or issues but who knows.

aiptasia now

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CMD2213 View Post
      I wish...

Don't get me wrong I love this hobby but with a kid mortage and bills plus another baby on the way if a loss occurs I have to think financially responsible for my family first. I pray my tank.stays good and no more losses or issues but who knows.

Well like they say there is a time and place for everything, I would strongly have to agree with you that a home and family should come first over a fish tank haha but I can sense You're drive for the hobby If I had to bet even if you did break down the tank you would be back once things stabilize with the family life that's what I did. Had this tank for 5 years only been set up for 3 of those years up for a year when I first set it up and a week and a half cruise to the Mexican riviera destroyed all my time money and effort I didn't know what to do so I broke it down and it stayed there sitting empty with just a faint memory of its former beauty for the better portion of the next 2 years have since revived it after my lifes schedule has mellowed out dramatically it's time to send the tank into full sps reef again I'll try to see if I have an old picture from what my tank used to look like many years ago

aiptasia now

I am:
      Cool

https://imgur.com/a/IOG1u
      Front side view of the tank as it was in its prime

https://imgur.com/a/ykJCF
      Right side side view of the tank ( don't have a left side picture there wasn't much light getting to that side so the only coral over there was a massive chalice ended up growing over the entire sanded on that side until it reached areas where it's tissue couldn't grow color from other coral shade

https://imgur.com/a/pjXkE
      https://imgur.com/a/irRZo
      Pictures of my favorite colonies from that time period

Dreamkeeper is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CMD2213 View Post
      Hey this year alone
      1.CATCHING PISTOL AND GOBY
      Didn't realize how long I left out my sps and rainbown monti.. 3 hrs later. There went easy $500-600 paid. But worth alot more after then he growth.

2.FISH
      Couple hundred worth
      Jumped insane tiniest gap
      Through the 1/4' screen netting
      Into the liter box next to the tank
      Starved from being attacked
      Etc. It sucks!

3. ZOAS WHITE FUNGUS
      Grabbed a frag from somewhere. 1st thing added in 4+months added it withing 36 hrs closed polyps escalated from 10%-95% few were strong enough to fight it I guess...in a weeks time while asking around *** it was and researching by time I realized what it was, it was too late lost my whole collection. $3K easy. Over 70 types of zoas and many Trips n to VANCES, CHRONZZE , .MAX,REEFAPALOOZA, AND LFS. ETC.

4.REFUGIUM
      Had crazy amount n of various macros doing great gave a w ay whenever anyone asked, one day crashed. Pissed n off stuff in tank and no longer have. Macros (thanks john for the refill chaeto).

5.JAWBREAKER BABY
      Today noticed one of my nicest baby jb went mia and all th at was leftnis n part n of the foot . I have a bunch of stupid superman that haven't developed their blue spots and other. Red type shrooms. That look soo damn close to the baby jb I have to catch every baby red shroom let them be under the light for a day open up inspect the texture and pray it is one of the very few I found loose on sandbed

6.REDBUGS
      Got a frag from somewhere week later. Noticed my garf .not extending polyps need to dose.

7.FLATWORMS -PLANARIA
      Flatworms a buddy didn't know he had them.it was dark dropped frag in macro tank in hurry then seen it by Time the frag fell 12 n inches into the water it was too late

Mike, So sorry to hear your tank troubles, it is a challenging hobby not for the faint hearted. did you loose your garf? If so hit me up when your ready and I will give you a frag of mine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information