• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Max 2017!

MadMax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hi Guys,
      Lots of good information, especially the last guy who hadn't been to a MAX before, I applaud your effort to help. Ironically those are indeed good ideas and I will address them in a bit.

But first, let me address the BAN issue and put this to rest:

EVERY business has their black list of people they choose to not do business with.....EVERYONE.
      The only difference is they do not talk about it, nor should they. And it most certainly does not belong on the internet.
      I have never provided my "side of the story" and I am sorry, but I have zero intentions of ever doing so....
      Reefer's Garage for whatever reason chose to post private information in a public forum and now he/she will have to deal with the repercussions of doing so.
      Incidentally, I've never even met the gentleman, so I will not pretend to judge someone 30+ years of life on this planet with what little limited information I have/know.
      My reasons for eliminating him/her from our contact list were for business reasons only, nothing personal.

That being said, I am extremely reluctant to continuing the MAX show for these very reasons.
      People make assumptions from the absence of fact, and once the momentum gets going, well......
      We are caught in that momentum.

I find it very difficult to ask our professional clients to travel hundreds, if not thousands, of miles across country (and God only knows how expensive that is) to exhibit to all us HERE....only to be met with (or NOT met actually) by people who's decision-making capacity are limited to the local folklore and/or hearsay story of the day! On a personal level: If you've never met me, spoke to me, or even seen me for that matter (nor would you in most cases) I am pretty darn confident that you are ill-equipped to JUDGE me!

Let us get down to brass tacks.
      Tammy and I have created this show for the betterment of the hobby since day one.
      Since day one, we have taken NOT ONE DIME in compensation for our efforts.
      the MAX show has been a philanthropist's effort since the very beginning. (we have never made this public information before)
      For TEN YEARS Tammy has endured my fascination with this hobby, and the related show that evolved from that passion.
      more importantly, she has accepted an understanding that we would never prosper financially from our efforts.
      Just how many wives out there would accept such conditions?

That being said, if people get the impression that MY reputation is worthy of raking over the coals, you are more than welcome in doing so (I have nothing worthy of protecting)
      HOWEVER, if anyone has the impression that I am going to CONTINUE this event AND work for free, AND somehow walk around with my tail between my legs as if I'm a beat dog who has done something wrong.....sorry folks, that isn't going to happen.

IF people want an event every April, I suggest making a change of heart, VERY SOON!

For those who really don't give a darn either way, continue the bashing to your heart's content. I am strangely neutral. (Tammy on the other hand deserves the world by most counts)

Last edited by MadMax; 06-05-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

UPDATE:

After multiple staff meetings and discussions with OCFEC we are going to move forward with the 10th Anniversary MAX April 1-2, 2017!

MAX 2017 will be an entirely new format in an entirely different building. (Details of these changes to be announced throughout the year)

NEW LOWER COST:

As discussed earlier in this thread we are slashing all costs by a full 1/3 margin from both the admission prices and exhibit booth prices.

- Booth prices will drop from an average of $900-$1000 to only $600 during the early bird process! (Vendor's responsibilities increase this year)

- Standard Adult Admission Prices will drop from $15 down to only $10 (Senior and Military only $5) Kids 12 & Under FREE!

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION:

We have now begun the process of accepting reservations for those wishing to get in on the ground floor prices.

MAX 2017 will be held in the Huntington Beach Building (#12). Initial deposits are only $100 (per booth) to register and balances due in October

The new floor plan can be found on the MAX website here: http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/EX...Floorplan.html

e-mail at: info@MarineAquariumExpo.com or via phone at: (714) 530-1094

Registration instructions are found here: http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/Booking/form.html

Last edited by MadMax; 06-17-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Just thumbing through some of our threads as we are preparing for MACNA this weekend
      and decided to provide an update (below) in response to the suggestions made therein:

BTW, Those of you who are going to MACNA this weekend be sure to stop by the MAX booth #716 and say hi. Tammy and I will both be there...me just four weeks after undergoing full knee-replacement surgery, so I'll be gimping around with a cane (sigh!)

So, here are our responses (in red) to the comments below:

Quote Originally Posted by ReefersGarage View Post
      List of suggestions

- Get rid of the pirate, Pirate's of the Caribbean is a bit out dated...Try a nemo and Dori costume character
      - Lower the prices of exhibitor booths bringing livestock. The vendors can then in turn lower prices driving hype and customers to the event.
      DONE! Booth fees slashed by an entire 1/3 (from $900 to $600)
      - Most all hype for the show comes from LIVESTOCK vendors posting in local forums the items they are bringing to the show.
      DONE! Severe drop in booth fees are in trade of increased promotional responsibilities of each vendor
      - Try to get free parking
      DONE! One of the main reasons for moving to building #12 (Huntington Building) is that it parallels the OC Market Place (and its free parking) on the North side. Some walking will be required
      - Lower the cost of entry fee IE:
      DONE! We have slashed the entry fee by an entire 1/3 (from $15 to $10)
      - Senior discounts
      DONE! Seniors admission will be only $5 (literally HALF of last year)
      - Military Discounts
      DONE! Military with current I.D. will be only $5 (literally HALF of last year)
      - Family Rates
      DONE! Even better, we admit all children 12 years of age or younger absolutely FREE
      - We think with a ten dollar entry you could drive many more people to the show.
      DONE! We agree 100% and have lowered our admission fees accordingly
      - Food Trucks for guest
      PENDING: This is a great idea however we will have to negotiate with the contracted concessions people first.
      Also look for our Full-page advertisement in the MACNA 2016 Booklet. We will be signing up booth exhibitors at MACNA this weekend at booth #716.
      See you all there!
      Last edited by MadMax; 09-07-2016 at 11:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information