Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max 2017!

MadMax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Max 2017!

Hi Folks,

The official 10th Anniversary for the Marine Aquarium Expo is coming next April!

Please reserve the dates of April 1 - 2, 2017 at the OC Fair & Event Center

We have MANY changes in store for you, details of which we are still being worked out and will be announced later. The entire show format will change to better reflect what the hobbyist community wants and needs from a show like MAX. We know you will be very pleased with the results!

We will add information as it becomes available, so check back often.

Thank you for your support and participation these past 10 years; we strive to keep you entertained, informed, and intrigued!
      Last edited by MadMax; 05-16-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Please offer some suggestions in this thread as to what changes or additions you would like to see for MAX 2017.

Last edited by MadMax; 05-18-2016 at 11:35 AM.

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

No changes except we need a beer garden...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gus6464 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The reason I got to things like max and rap is to see cool gear not people who grow coral in their garage and then sell their tiny frags for ridiculous amounts. I only went this year because I wanted to see the SOS Zaya in action and bought one at the show. There was nothing else to do after that and was only there for an hour tops.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
      The reason I got to things like max and rap is to see cool gear not people who grow coral in their garage and then sell their tiny frags for ridiculous amounts. I only went this year because I wanted to see the SOS Zaya in action and bought one at the show. There was nothing else to do after that and was only there for an hour tops.
      I hear you, and fully understand. The tough part is trying to please as many people as possible with those resources that are available to us. I too would like to see more innovative products displayed. Even more so I'd like to see more affordable livestock offered. .

F-Dawg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Fragging.

I am:
      Cocky

Looking Forward To The Event

VW REEFS is offline Advanced Hobbyist
      My status is: reefing

I am:
      Set you mood here...

its a great show we always have a good time there, if not for anything else just to catch up with all the friends we have made over the last few years doing this show...........

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by tuna_bullet View Post
      its a great show we always have a good time there, if not for anything else just to catch up with all the friends we have made over the last few years doing this show...........
      Or you can be like me go out there to buy stuff from Vance lol....
      I get things from various ppl but always end up buying a majority from Vance. What can I say... I am a loyal SDR MEMBER.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yes, Vance is one of our best exhibitors. His livestock is reasonably priced and so he did very well in sales. Many others should follow his example. Those who overprice their corals obviously do not do well at any show.

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Those who overprice the cost of their event tend to not have a very good event. I spoke to a vast majority of vendors who were very underwhelmed with the production of this event. And as an attendee and exhibitor over the last few years I have watched the attendance drop year after year as well as the quality of the vendors. There is a reason why you are now trying to make sweeping changes to the whole event. I will likely be banned from future MAX shows as a result of this post, kinda like what happened to Reefer's Garage, but to try to back hand insult the vendors that pay for this event to be held comes across as highly disrespectfully.

CMD2213 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Downgrade to upgrade

I am:
      Tired

I haven't felt the urge to go lately as I have access to cutterx23 tuna_bullet reefers garage and other as my lfs/suplliers. Things have been so so over time and only thing I really look forward to is MACNA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx23 View Post
      Those who overprice the cost of their event tend to not have a very good event. I spoke to a vast majority of vendors who were very underwhelmed with the production of this event. And as an attendee and exhibitor over the last few years I have watched the attendance drop year after year as well as the quality of the vendors. There is a reason why you are now trying to make sweeping changes to the whole event. I will likely be banned from future MAX shows as a result of this post, kinda like what happened to Reefer's Garage, but to try to back hand insult the vendors that pay for this event to be held comes across as highly disrespectfully.
      Well said.

chireef is offline Registered User
      My status is: Im a Addict!

I am:
      Amused

I have to agree with cutters . This post isn't no disrespect to the event or to mad max just a genuine statement from the voice.of all surrounding hobbyist. Hope things can change and this event can be a awesome event once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dizzle21 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You won't be banned, but I'm sure this post will get deleted just like every other post in this thread Kevin has deleted.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I see nothing wrong with this post. You haven't a clue of what you are talking about, but it is at least respectable. Nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes except the promoter himself, so what have you to gain by pretending to have expert knowledge? That being said, you are correct on one very important account. Our attendance the last two years has been declined; but for some strange reason the theme of your post seems more inclined to demeaning the promoter instead of helping the promoter create a better show. Why is this and what is your intention? Do you wish to see the MAX show disappear entirely?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information