• Tired

Thread: few bad pics from my big island home shopping trip

Threaded View

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

few bad pics from my big island home shopping trip

I am not sure when I will get there yet but my wife & I bought a home on the big island recently. Our retirement plan seemed to be possible earlier than we thought financially and it seemed like buying a home now might beat the increases in many states that may make homes less affordable. I did try taking some pictures underwater and have a lot to learn and need a better camera. You can at least see the coolest thing I captured there below though. I may be able to clean these up and post them again later and wish I had the photo shopping app so many reefers use for coral sales to capture half of the experience I saw.

this trumpet fish was using the turtle to block himself from being seen and snatching small fish from the shadow of the turtle. I watched this for about ten minutes.

The last pic below is the home we purchased outside of Hilo in Pahoa. There are a lot of retired mainlanders already in some nice communities and other parts of Pahoa aren't as nice (safe) there but the price was far more reasonable than a home even here. We look out over the water from a block away. Anyone else that is considering it may want to look at the big island too. I will be on the boards a few more years most likely until my wife is ready for the move, till then it will be a vacation home.

Last edited by knightnsd; 05-11-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Thread Information