• Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric aka purdy selling 400 gallon tank

unbereefable is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Main problem I see is if Purdy gave his word and said the tank is his, he should have kept his word. I totally get wanting the most for selling an item, but if this is the kinda stuff Purdy does, maybe it's also the reason he's getting his a$$ handed to him in his divorce. Some time bad things happen to bad people. I don't personally know Purdy, so there may have been something else going on here. But who knows. But if he said, "tank is yours" and he backs out, that's not good karma. Lesson learned for everyone. Buyer: never owns the item til it's in one's hands. Seller: just set a firm price and wait. Someone will eventually bite.

goody is offline Registered User
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. Maybe I can help. What kind of material are you having your stand made of? I'm going to need one built for a future tank, but I'm going with a metal stand. If that's what you have then maybe I can pay you some money so you're not out $450. Or do what unbereefable said.

Mike N is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

A legally binding contract can be verbal, it doesn't require a written contract, so all of you that have said the seller is not at fault, the law says different. The law requires an offer to sell and acceptance, not a deposit.

Also, since you (the buyer) has suffered a loss, the deposit on the stand, you can take him court to recoup you $$$ based upon his breech of contract. But if he's already involved in the court system, it may be hard to get blood from a turnip.

purdy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

He offered to PayPal me the money for the tank and I said that I don't have PayPal and I would prefer cash. Never, was a bank transfer talked about. I told him that I was available anytime of day and that getting the tank into his truck wasn't an issue due to a Home Depot and day workers right around the corner. He said that he would organize people to help him move it. I said "okay, I'll put pending sale on the forum" which I did. Then yes, I did confirm with him because last I heard from him he said he would get people to help him move it. Then two days go by and I hear nothing so I confirm with him again. Then he says that he will be picking up this weekend, but doesn't ask for an address or even give me a time. Then another member says he will give me full asking price for everything I have listed. So then I contact the OP and let him know that I have an offer for everything. I give him a chance to meet or even come close to the offer but all he does is bash my family and threaten me. I get that its ****ty of me, but I'm a father who's fighting for custody of his children and I'm not being taken seriously because I'm not a mother. I feel horrible for how this has played out, but at the end of the day, I need to do what's best for My family. When I bought the tank, I made a 2.5 hour drive to put cash in the guys hand that night at 9PM. Then I had him write me a receipt and I told him I will be back on the weekend to complete the breakdown. I didn't start the stand until I had the tank in my garage. Not trying to go back and forth, I'm just pointing out what could have been done. Again, I feel bad for this and the situation with his stand, but I take no blame for him jumping the gun and putting money up towards a tank he hasn't purchased yet.

cHRoNzZe is offline Registered User
      My status is: NeVeR $$oBeR

I am:
      Sneaky

I'm my personal opinion you should of gotten the tank FIRST then build the stand.....I would never have a custom stand built for me without ME taking the measurement....if you live 2/3 hours away shop LOCAL....... Sorry to say but money talks and in a situation that the seller is in I don't blame him for wanting to sell it complete for asking price at least he gave you a chance to match it so he did try to works something out,it does suck that you are out of cash but I'm sure at the end it was best for you not to get it...... I know these is always 2 parts of a story but let's conclude that you didn't get the tank cause it was going to break on the way home Lesson learn

A MOD should step in right about now doesn't seem like it going anywhere.....
      Last edited by cHRoNzZe; 03-17-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Dngy1621 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks for all of your input inregards to the situation.yes i do agree that we both are wrong. I should have never put a deposit aon the stand.and i went based upon someone that was a stranger.this def will be a learning lesson.just to keep everyone posted.i was able to hold the tank build so i do have materials for my dream tank build.i appreaciete every feedback from every member that had commented.i hope eric can get what he has been offered.and family first deals are second.eric if you are reading just wanted to let you know that if the gentleman that offered to purchase doesnt follow through.let me know i would lve to still pick up the tank.at the end of day.what happened wasnt ideal for both partys.maybe we can acually follow through with what we agrred on.you selling the tank and me being the new owner as what i hoped for. Let me know.thanks

sdnd is offline Registered User
      My status is: At Work

I am:
      Tired

I think even if a deposit was put down for the tank and the offer was for full price he would have backed out...

He even said it himself...he was doing what's best for his family...so in a dog eat dog world he could careless who the customer is as long as he got the cash.

It's a shame he can't be a man of his words...is that what you want to teach your kids? Honor, integrity, and class...no matter what situation you're in. Cuz it all comes down to if you do good...good will find you...karma...just my

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Ok, so both sides have had their say and before this really starts to get out of hand I'm shutting it down.

Closed Thread

Thread Information