• Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric aka purdy selling 400 gallon tank

Dngy1621 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sushi i tried to pay him. Live in victorville now i used to live in sd.i seen his post and replied to it.after he called me.i did try to make payment in full of his asking price.options were paypal in full.he said he didnt have paypal. So i offered to pay hi. Via fast pay to his abank account.eric said no its okay dont worry if you are serious he will hold it for me.eric since times we spoke has tested me everyother day sometimes in the same day more then once about my commiment on the purchase on the tank. Last time he textd tme was this morning. And his repsonse was ok thanks. I would have not ordered the stand if he never texted me so much. so...at this point...its up to him...i want his tank.no mater what the situation is with peronal life.we agreed and he backed out. And says sorry and im left with a stand or materials.

jbvdhp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dngy- I don't know the seller. I was in talks with him to buy the tank, about 1-2 weeks ago, before you. I almost took the tank until he told me the weight of it- 1200#. I had to decline.

I found my tank, agreed on price, had it delivered and paid. I have a custom stand on the way too, but I made sure I secured the tank first. I know it's tough, but our forum is full of people who back out- namely buyers. It's very rare sellers back out and most of sellers on here stick to their word, so if he indeed has offers of up to $1400, then 1) he is entitled to sell at any price he wants (free market) 2) if you never gave him a deposit for the tank, then he still is able to sell to someone else 3) if he is lying in order to gouge the price then if you don't give him his true "asking" price of 1400, you'll soon know because he won't have a buyer and will probably re-offer it to you at $700.

If he does sell it to someone else, then it just wasnt meant for you. The tank is a STEAL at even $1000. The best deal ever at $700. You should have gotten it ASAP. He agreed to deliver to me if I bought it.

Sent from your face
      [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/jbvdhp/bbssige46.jpg[/IMG]
      ...j v i n h...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

He never said he offered to do that or i would have even paid him to do deliver it to me.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Eric aka purdy selling 400 gallon tank

Quote Originally Posted by Dngy1621 View Post
      He never said he offered to do that or i would have even paid him to do deliver it to me.
      Well he offered it to me because I was probably the first person to contact him about the sale. No one else did at the time and so he offered it to me to get rid of the tank. I live in San Diego and couldn't get the tank.

I know it's exciting to get new toys, but perhaps it's better to get the product first next time before you make important stuff like the stand? Not really his fault or yours.

For the record I was going to offer him more than his price to you and his total delivery price to me was more than what he told you he would sell to you for.

Had the tank not been 1200 lbs, it would have been mine.

Sent from your face
      ...j v i n h...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

if delivery was offered to me i would have paid for his gas and time.i do understand what his situation and thats why i reassured him i would be there to pick it up. I just wish that things would be a little different.and the deal still stands.but as it is now .i will be offered to some else. Fyi i did also tell him i was interested in the rocks and pump that he had left for the tank.i did ask for pics i never received on the remaining rocks he had . So... It wasnt that i wasnt interested n the rest of the stuff.he never sent pics.i was going to go pick up the tank and if it was still available i prob would have bought the rock and pump too. But at this point it isnt even an option.

sushi is offline Registered User
      My status is: pee in tank

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sushi i tried to pay him. Live in victorville now i used to live in sd.i seen his post and replied to it.after he called me.i did try to make payment in full of his asking price.options were paypal in full.he said he didnt have paypal. So i offered to pay hi. Via fast pay to his abank account.eric said no its okay dont worry if you are serious he will hold it for me.eric since times we spoke has tested me everyother day sometimes in the same day more then once about my commiment on the purchase on the tank. Last time he textd tme was this morning. And his repsonse was ok thanks. I would have not ordered the stand if he never texted me so much. so...at this point...its up to him...i want his tank.no mater what the situation is with peronal life.we agreed and he backed out. And says sorry and im left with a stand or materials.
      That is a bad situation. At first I thought you paid him a deposit and then he didn't sell, which would be illegal. Yeah it's a tough situation... maybe you'll find another 400g or can use those materials for a different tank, I hope so.
      [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JcpA4p6.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JcpA4p6.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JcpA4p6.gif[/IMG] [B][URL="http://s92552857.onlinehome.us/temp.html"]Click here[/URL] to view my Raspberry Pi Aquarium Controller![/B] :what: :what: :what:

d-man is offline Registered User
      My status is: Just snorkeling in my tank

I am:
      Amused

I have an 11' tank u can buy cheap.

cyclist is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Should have put down deposit.
      Last edited by cyclist; 03-17-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by d-man View Post
      I have an 11' tank u can buy cheap.
      If you have the space for an 11' tank, Derek's is awesome. His was one I was considering too. Very nicely made. Eurobraced too, seen it in person.

Sent from your face
      ...j v i n h...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I wish i had 11 ft.max area was 93 inch from one side to the other. There is a load bearing stud that is in the way i Would love to have an 11ft tank.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I tried all possible to leave a deposit n th pe tank.but heric said i didnt need to do to the fact that i was coming from 2 1/2 hours away to buy the tank. he would save for me.anyhow.hope the new buyer enjoys the tank.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dman thanks for the offer wish i had the room.do yu have any other tank almost the same dems as erics available? I need a pennisula overflow.the tank i need will be replacing a pony wall i was going to remove. Max space i have from wall the the load bearing stud is 93 inches.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dman thanks for the offer wish i had the room.do yu have any other tank almost the same dems as erics available? I need a pennisula overflow.the tank i need will be replacing a pony wall i was going to remove. Max space i have from wall the the load bearing stud is 93 inches.
      Is it going to be in wall? Although his tank had an odd 91" dimension I see why it is disappointing to you, since it fits in your 93" space.

Sent from your face
      ...j v i n h...

unbereefable is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

How is he supposed to put a deposit down, if dude said don't worry about it? Tell your stand maker to chill on making the stand. Your still going to need a stand. Find the tank first, then have him build the stand. If you find a tank and stand, have him build a canopy for you. If he bought material, and hansnt made any cuts yet. They can all be returned. Unless he asked for a $450 non refundable deposit, then hopefully they'll work with you and wait til you're ready. I wouldn't have jumped this far ahead with the build, but I get it. You were excited bout having a new, huge tank. You thought it was locked in. Not your fault for Purdy backing out. Is he a POS for doing this? Yes. Will others do business with him again? Yes. That's how it works. But now you know. And you won't let it happen to yourself again. Good luck.
      Fish tanks and Chevys... And now my cousin's Datsun too.

Established in the south east, but now reside in Chula Vista.

neil is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Man this sucks. But in the end, if he accepted a half price offer, I woulda rented a uhual, stopped at Home Depot for some labor and picked that thing up as soon as I hung up the phone with him. This stuff happens all the time in these private party forum sales. I really can't say purdy did the wrong thing here. I really hope you get some money back for the stand. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

Thread Information