• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wed Meeting Feb 10th

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Wondering why this site seems to be abandoned or very little updates it looks clean and simple.........first site I found when I was looking for club in San Diego. http://sdmas.com/ It would great to keep it current along with the forum as well, I get they want to build forum up and draw usage, membership into forum. To be honest it wasn't easy to find info for membership or meetings if your here for the first time.

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by davocean View Post
      Bob Fenner is a great and interesting speaker, nice to have him involved.

I wish I could commit to helping more but my schedule is determined by my business, and running it solo robs me of certain freedoms, so I'll just try to continue to do what I can to help when time allows.

I know years ago many LFS did not appreciate sites like ours thinking it robbed business, so I support them where I can, makes us a stronger community working together and allows more choices, so it's nice to see those willing to get involved.
      How if they host a meeting they get a banner ad for 30-60 days for free? Fair trade in supporting us by hosting a meeting. Then after that for a $$$ then can keep ad up for rest of the year

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

We have not had any issues holding meetings at stores. We have met at Vets Pets, Aquatic Warehouse, Pet Kingdom, AquaSD, SD Coral Shop and I believe a couple up north as well. We also work with Bob a lot. He spoke to the club a while back when we met at Current up in North County. As for the website, it had absolutely no traffic at all so we directed people to this site as it was well established. The meeting I was referring to was to do some organizing, dividing up responsibilities and see who is serious. I can guarantee you that if we set up a planning meeting half of the people that have volunteered in this thread will not show up. That is why it needs to be done in person. It is much easier to have a discussion that way. All too often everybody sounds great in a thread but when it comes time to follow through all of a sudden life gets in the way and the volunteers dwindle down. And as far as finding the site and getting information, back during the time period when you were leading this club, Mark, I tried to get involved and whoever it was that I contacted on the phone was all but trying to talk me out of it. This all comes and goes in cycles. I eventually gave up when I realized new people were apparently not welcome.

I would like to see everyone that is interested in helping get together to do some planning. Post here if you are available to meet at 1pm on Sunday, February 21st. Place to be determined. Let's start with that.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMorris View Post
      We have not had any issues holding meetings at stores. We have met at Vets Pets, Aquatic Warehouse, Pet Kingdom, AquaSD, SD Coral Shop and I believe a couple up north as well. We also work with Bob a lot. He spoke to the club a while back when we met at Current up in North County. As for the website, it had absolutely no traffic at all so we directed people to this site as it was well established. The meeting I was referring to was to do some organizing, dividing up responsibilities and see who is serious. I can guarantee you that if we set up a planning meeting half of the people that have volunteered in this thread will not show up. That is why it needs to be done in person. It is much easier to have a discussion that way. All too often everybody sounds great in a thread but when it comes time to follow through all of a sudden life gets in the way and the volunteers dwindle down. And as far as finding the site and getting information, back during the time period when you were leading this club, Mark, I tried to get involved and whoever it was that I contacted on the phone was all but trying to talk me out of it. This all comes and goes in cycles. I eventually gave up when I realized new people were apparently not welcome.

I would like to see everyone that is interested in helping get together to do some planning. Post here if you are available to meet at 1pm on Sunday, February 21st. Place to be determined. Let's start with that.
      That works for me let us know when...am in Lakeside. Perfect timing as I have a SCMAS on Friday night the 19th in Santa Ana. Then leave for Shawnee OK for the WGE Expo on the 24th be back the 26th. The website just needs to be updated and posted out in social media, promoted in news letters, Reef n salt magazines in listings ectra. Last updated in Feb 2013 so yea folks won't bookmark it as it gives the illusion its dead or not kept up. We can address that at meeting.

I don't know who you talked to back 86-87 or why you were given that impression that was not what is intended, wish you had contacted me direct back then. A few pictures from the days back then.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=29b79791f9

Click image for larger version

Name:	27997_10151283516017086_244554116_n.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	40046Click image for larger version

Name:	37075_10151283515922086_912542161_n.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	40047Click image for larger version

Name:	282412_10151283516077086_797644075_n.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	40048Click image for larger version

Name:	282574_10151283516227086_1005549159_n.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	40049Click image for larger version

Name:	576336_10151283516027086_1153972170_n.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	40050
      Last edited by reef56; 02-15-2016 at 08:40 AM.

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Do you have speakers lined up for this years meetings?

unbereefable is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

^^ lets get some actual meetings lined up, then we can talk about speakers. But I do like your enthusiasm.

I'm in to meet up at 1pm someplace on Sunday.

chireef is offline Registered User
      My status is: Im a Addict!

I am:
      Amused

Wed Meeting Feb 10th

I would help for sure but I can't do Wednesday meetings.
      But interested in helping in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reef56 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by unbereefable View Post
      ^^ lets get some actual meetings lined up, then we can talk about speakers. But I do like your enthusiasm.

I'm in to meet up at 1pm someplace on Sunday.
      Let me clarify.......I was asking if you have speakers lined up or planned then I don't want to solicit anyone and screw up what is all ready on the plate.........speaker line up for 90 days out is a good goal to shoot for.

Sancho is offline Premium Member
      My status is: yo mama

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMorris View Post

I am interested in helping out. I will know on Wednesday if I am working that Sunday. If I am not working I will be there for sure.

VW REEFS is offline Advanced Hobbyist
      My status is: reefing

I am:
      Set you mood here...

we usually have a few a year, not sure about this year but there will be a bunch for Macna, March is already booked we should be posting something shortly, I'm sure there will be at least three in the first 8 months in NC, no meeting in Sept, we usually do a BBQ in July or August, would like to do a decent size frag swap sometime this year for San Diego.

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by reef56 View Post
      I don't know who you talked to back 86-87 or why you were given that impression that was not what is intended, wish you had contacted me direct back then. A few pictures from the days back then.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=29b79791f9

Attachment 40046Attachment 40047Attachment 40048Attachment 40049Attachment 40050
      I wish I could remember who it was. It was kind of weird to say the least. No big deal though. Obviously things worked out okay. Currently aside from the March meeting and the obvious reason for not doing a meeting in September, I do not believe that we have booked anybody to speak. As far as doing the meetings on a Wednesday night, maybe it's time to reexamine that. We had a lot of resistance to do meetings on the weekend a few years ago when we discussed it on the forum.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

specvjeff is offline SDMAS President/SDR Mod
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Is that Maurice?

Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Yup it's him.

Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I saw some where about how short the January meeting was. I had originally planned on talking about MACNA and the recent decision regarding the Bangaii Cardinal fish being offered ESA listing. As I'm sure many of you heard, I found out Monday that my co-worker and friend passed away over the weekend and it was very unexpected. I was not in any position to be speaking in front of all of you at that time.

Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

I am:
      Tired

Okay so we have 2 or 3 people stepping up to at least participate in a small planning meeting. Not exactly the number I am hoping for but since this is buried in this thread I am going to start another thread secifically for this purpose.

One of those pics brought back some very old memories of That Fish Store. It was located in the Mira Mesa Mall and I used to go in there all the time. Haven't seen that store name in quite some time.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information