• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: San airport parking

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

San airport parking

Folks, i learned last night that my favorite airport parking site wallypark is shutting down in a few days for good. Their land got bought by a developer.

Whats a good parking lot from the frequent flyers among you? Please add pros and cons, i hate dragging my bags around and wallypark would always pick you up at your car.

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I almost always use Park 'n Fly. I've tried others but kept returning to PnF. Best combination of rates and service to me. I usually use the garage but park on the roof to save a few bucks (even thought I get reimbursed).

My biggest complaint about others was long or inconsistent wait time to get picked up at the airport.

SAN Park was the worst of the bigger providers IMO - expensive and I hated that the drivers would often make multiple loops through the lot trying to fill their bigger vans before heading to the airport.

I am:
      Piratey

Cool, thx russ

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

dang, thanks for the heads up John - that is my usual parking spot as well. I haven't flown for maybe a few months so hadn't heard. The few times I haven't been able to get a reservation this year at Wally Park I just went with Aladdin. They have some different options including valet and a tiny bit cheaper roof rate. I'm typically only lugging a carryon and my laptop so the tiny elevator ride and walk to my car inside their garage isn't bad. Their shuttles leave every 10min I believe - they have a clock where they pick you up and drop you off so you know. Years ago I had to try one closer to the airport in a pinch when I didn't have a WallyPark reservation and the lot was full. It may have been SAN park - next to the airport lined up to about where the planes land and it wasn't that cheap and similar to Russ's experience. Several of the places do give a AAA discount or have online coupon codes as well so keep that in mind. I may have to give Park n Fly a try now but otherwise Aladdin will likely get my business. Will be interesting to see if Wally Park buys some different space.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

think the name I use is park n fly as well, near mission brewery, pretty happy with them so far. I have also used the one at the Marriott, or Shelter island right across from the airport

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

I am a Wally Park guy as well so thanks for the heads up. I fly out of town 20 - 30 times a year so I use the lot frequently. Never tried to do a reservation and never needed one. I guess I'll be headed to Park n Fly for now on.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

I am:
      Piratey

Yeah they are looking for some near the post office on midway marlin, thanks for the feedback. Everybody's rates have gone up the last year or so, maybe somehow related to the airport renovation. I remember when i lived off washington st, and even though my apartment was basically on the corner of the airport, a can ride still cost me $20. And that was a long time ago...

jsknsd is offline Registered User
      My status is: Just relaxing

I am:
      Friendly

Uber it.We can pick up at airport now also.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information